"Dwell, that coffee shop down the road. They have live music and poetry readings."

"I've been wanting to go there, but someone whose name I will omit won't go with me." Riley's eyes brightened, "thanks Josh!"

"It was Lucas."

Lucas couldn't help but think how beautiful she was. "Thank you Lucas."

"BOY!" Cory screeched, "BOY!" A surge of strength took over the brunette and she knocked the quarterback on the floor.

"Daddy, stay calm. There are 2 other people in this room, we're all just friends." Maya and Josh glanced at each other. Besides them two. Lucas jumped up off the ground and smirked, waving at Mr. Matthews. "We're leaving anyways!"

"AHH!" Maya slid past him as he screeched, followed by Josh.

"Lucas go out the window." The green eyed man didn't hesitate, he tucked and rolled. Riley stood up and inched her way towards the window, "love you daddy. We're friends, swear!" She crawled out the window and felt his strong hands wrap around her waist. She felt like she couldn't breathe, was that supposed to happen?

"RILEY!" Her brown eyes widened and she giggled at her father's reaction.

"We gotta go!" She took his hand and ran towards Josh's already running Jeep. Does she know she's holding my hand? She's still holding my hand, we're in the car. Interesting. It wasn't until his thumb caressed the top of her hand that she realized it was in her grasp. "Sorry."

"Don't be." Alright Mr. QB what are you up to? He's probably just looking for another girl to swoon over him! NOT HAPPENING MISTER!

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Josh and Maya got cozy in a dark booth towards the back, practically forcing Lucas and Riley to sit elsewhere. "You want something to drink?"

"Sure, herbal tea would be great. Thanks." He reluctantly left her alone and placed his order, she enjoyed the music that was being played on stage. The quarterback watched from afar, her shoulders had dropped and she unknowingly swayed to the music. This wasn't normally his scene, but the smile on her face made this trip worth it.

"Here ya' go." He set the cup down in front of her and rotated it, catching her attention.

The brown eyed girl giggled, "Wow number on the cup, that's a cool move. What's this for?"

"In case you ever just want to talk, or hang out." Her eyes moved from the cup to him. "Friends, platonically, people do it all the time. Like you and Farkle."

Tea spewed everywhere, "you want to be like Farkle?"

"Is that bad? He gets to take you to the dance." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "I have a question."

"I may have an answer." She was happy that he changed the subject and willingly accepted it.

"Missy, how long has she been a bitch to you?"

"Language." Even when his eyes rolled they were captivating, "awhile. Why?"

"No reason, just curious." She glared at him with a mischievous smile, "you aren't a nobody Riley."

Her head cocked to the side, why is he being so nice to me? Isn't he supposed to like shove me in a locker or something? Well he said he didn't like bullies, oh my lanta Riley focus on the conversation. "You've know my brother for 2 years and met me what? A week ago? I'm fine with it, I don't know why she gets under my skin so much."

"In all fairness, you keep to yourself. You're pretty quiet until someone gets to know you."

Was he blaming her? I mean I guess to an extent it was her fault, she didn't like attention. "Can we just relax?" Riley bit her bottom lip and pleaded. "I don't, what I'm trying to say is that, I have it under control."