28. Festivities Take A Turn

After an hour or two of roaming around the festival with Alibaba and his friends, I was feeling the effects of some of the festival's featured alcohols. I'd only had a few but the world seemed to pass by in a pleasant haze.

I giggled helplessly as Aladdin danced around to the music wearing what looked like a monkey mask, with Alibaba joining soon after. The two of them managed to pull me into the crowd with them and Hakuryuu seemed to be inching towards Morgiana, his face flushed the brightest hue of red I'd ever seen.

I dizzily spun to the music, watching the blur of festival lights whir by. Interrupting my gleeful daze, I stumbled into someone. I lost my balance and clung to them, struggling to compose myself. I felt strong arms wrap around me, holding me upright and my eyes shot up. Sinbad was grinning down at me, his eyes gleaming as brightly as the lights around me.

"King Sinbad! I-," I began to apologize but he only laughed and held his hand out towards me. I glanced down and a string of little bells were draped through his fingers.

(The bell game!)

I giggled again before strapping the bells around my waist and taking his hand. We continued to dance and drink until I could hardly stand. I laughed as I fell against Sinbad, unable to keep my balance any longer. I took a moment to catch my breath, leaning into his broad chest as he teased me for not being able to hold my liquor.

"I- I too can hold... hold my liquor," I muttered out with a sheepish laugh. "Sindria's drinks are just abnormally strong!" I said, unable to come up with a better excuse for my drunken state.

I could feel Sinbad chuckle before his fingers prodded my chin so that I was looking up at him. His eyes glimmered with mischief as he caught sight of something behind me. His amber eyes then met mine again and he leaned down, pressing his lips against mine in a gentle kiss.

My eyes widened and I could feel my face burning up. His strong hands brisked against my cheeks and neck before he pulled away with a gentle smile.

"K-K-King Sinbad," I stuttered out, my senses a frenzy. I brought my hands to my lips, heat still radiating in my cheeks.

"Apologies, Princess. I must have also had too much to drink," he said with a hearty laugh that seemed anything but drunk.

Before I knew it, Jafar was behind Sinbad, flailing his arms to and fro as he scolded his king. Sinbad waved rather nonchalantly before flashing me one last smile as Jafar led him hastily away from me.

---

"What are you thinking?! You're only worsening your reputation as a womanizer, Sin!" Jafar growled as he pulled Sinbad through the throng of people.

Sinbad only smiled in response. "If that doesn't jump-start that Magi, I don't know what will," he said with a chuckle. "And if he doesn't take to her, I'll claim her for myself."

Jafar only rolled his eyes. "Dammit, Sin. Before we know it, we'll be at war with the Kou Empire for something as stupid as this."

---

From inside a small tavern, Judar caught sight of a familiar pair partaking in the festivities outside. They danced and laughed until she stumbled into him and he pulled her face up to look at him.

Judar's brow furrowed as he watched. As if intentionally trying to piss him off, Sinbad's eyes met Judar's for a brief moment.

When Sinbad's lips met hers, Judar could feel his insides burning up. He shot up from his seat and stormed out of the tavern, disappearing into the darkness of the night.

---

I stood in the middle of the crowd, my hands still pressed to my lips.

(What was that just now? Did Sinbad just..?? Oh, gosh. I need some air.)

I stumbled through the crowd until I found an empty terrace overlooking the darker side of the town. I placed my hands against the guardrail to hold myself up as I breathed in the night time air. My head was spinning and I wasn't quite sure if it was Sinbad's fault or the alcohol taking over. I closed my eyes and just focused on breathing.

(I need to sober up. And to think, this party is going to last for two more days!)

I let out an exhausted sigh just before feeling a sudden warmth right behind me. A firm hand caught me by the wrist and spun me around. I peered up into Judar's crimson eyes and he placed his hands on the guardrail behind me, boxing me in. My insides grew warm at the sight of him and I leaned back against the guardrail. Judar leaned closer then, bringing his face so close to mine that I couldn't see anything but him.

"You. Are. Mine." he said, his voice nothing more than a low rumble.

My heart was thumping in my chest and I was at a loss for words. Something about the fierce look in his eyes had my pulse racing and I began to feel even more light headed.

I was about to say something stupid to argue back but the space between Judar and I closed quickly. His lips collided with mine in a kiss that felt almost needy.

My senses went numb and I leaned into Judar, kissing him back with whatever strength I had left. His arms coiled around me like steel bars in an embrace so tight I felt like I was suffocating. I gasped a little and struggled to catch my breath when our lips parted.

I panted heavily, recovering from Judar's flood of kisses, and my eyes met his. We were silent for a moment, our gazes not breaking until Judar clicked his tongue.

"That's it," he said as if he'd just made his mind up about something. I didn't even have time to question him before he lifted me into his arms and carried me through the festival.

"W-Where are we going?" I asked, trying not to feel too embarrassed by the confused stares and excited, curious smiles that came my way as Judar carried me bridal style.

When I received no answer, I glanced up at him and noticed his gaze was unusually serious and his cheeks were dusted pink. What really caught my attention, however, was the flicker of mischief that sparkled in his eyes.

---

"Ahh, it seems I'm out of luck," Sinbad sighed as he peeked out from one of the palace rooms. He'd just caught sight of Judar carrying Mei through the hallway towards the guest rooms. He quietly closed the door and plopped down in his seat. "It seems he went after her after all. And to think, she would've made such a fine queen of Sindria," Sinbad continued, with a small smile.

Jafar shook his head. "Just be glad he isn't waging war against you for getting too close to her," he hissed.

[Author's Note! : So sorry for the delay on this chapter! It was supposed to include a lot more but I decided to break it down into two separate parts. Sorry~~~ But I'll have the next part out quite soon!]