Chapter 10

What I saw made me jump back in shock. It was a zombie eating the cashier. His top was ripped and tattered and he had blood stains all over his body and face. It was also all over the floor, smeared and splattered like the man was hacked at with mashetes. But instead of mashetes it was with long, sharp nails that could tear apart skin without applying any pressure.

It was looking straight at us like we disruptered its breakfast. It was glinting evilly at us, so what did we do. We ran all the way down the street and the zombie seemed like didnt give a care in the world about his 'breakfast'. He wanted something fresh. Us.

Drews POV

Mr shopkeeper zombie was hobbling towards us but we were faster. We turned a corner near the mall. To our suprise it was full of the walking dead. "Dont let them notice us" I whispered. We all stood on our tippy toes and walked off towards the next street. Luck was definitly not our side because the one zombie that we saw feasting on the shop attendant crept up behind us and it wasnt until it we heard it growl, we turned around and it had J in a headlock. Can zombies even get people in headlocks? Obviously. My main priority was getting J out of its death grip. "If it scratches or bites her she will probably get turned" said Toby. "How do you know this?" "Video games".

"Drew use your speed to our advantage" said Alison. She was around 10 meters away and I was next to her in the blink of an eye. J using her martial arts skills carefully twisted its arm so it didnt scratch her and pulled it back behind its back. With a loud 'pop' the arm was torn from its socket and blood went everywhere.

"Thats my girl" I said to J wrapping my arm around her. We walked by a technology store and on one of the plasma tvs' was the prime minister of Canada. It looked like he was making some big anouncenent. "Quick theres an important anouncement on tv"! I yelled. We opened the door and walked inside and there was the shop assistant who was sleeping peacefully even though it is 10:30 in the morning he was drooling on one of the counters. How disguisting and uncomfortable I thought to myself.

The prime minister spoke ' we now have a new global crisis that no-one thought would be real, the apocalypse, and it shall be now known as The Apocalyptic Nightmare. All countries around the globe have been over ridden by zombies and only a small majority of humans remain.

Drastic measures should be taken to kill these monsters and no-one should be going out alone. Reaserches have found that you will be turned if you get scratched or bitten by these zombies. So take care and"..... His speech was cut short because there was screaming and people running around and the camera that was filming was dropped and just before it went static a inhuman growl could be heard and there was a scream and blood splattered on the camera lens.

"Well that was utterly flattering" I said. "I guess we find a safe place for now until we decide what else is happening around the world" said Mel.

Canada

My name is Slade Jones and it has been at least 2 days since my friend, my younger brother and I have been stuck inside this hell hole of a building. We were being attacked by zombies and so we ran and unfortunalty one of my friends was turned. We have a very limited food and water supply. So bascially no fresh supplies unless we go and move on to another place. But first we need to find a way out of here without being attacked. This building we are in is mostly thick steel. Its like a shipment container but bigger. It has some heavy machinery that we could use to our advantage as well. "Oi Jordan got a update"? I yelled. "Same as usual Slade" was his reply. My brother Brody is only a year younger than me and he was trying to figure out how the machinary works.

"Hey Slade guess what I found"? What? "3 hunting knives, one for each of us and they come with shin sheaths." "Thats great we can use them against the zombies, did you find anything else whilst you were checking out the machinery?" "Uh yeah I found some machine guns and a few pistols too and with tonnes of ammo, I think that this may have been a abandoned secret military base." "Well when it stops snowing i guess you can test them out and blow their heads off." "It might show 'em whose boss around here." I said.

The next day

"Slade! Slade! Slade! Slade! Slade! Its stopped snowing!" Uhhhh I groaned. I swear my brother can act like 5 sometimes even though he is 16. He just never matured. "Fine just be extremly careful, I dont want you ending up somewhere or something your not supposed to be." "Okay Slade". "I will be joining you as soon as i get myself ready". I said to Brody. I got myself dressed and told Jordan to join us. We grabbed our knives and they were gonna be on us 24/7 because you never know when things may take a turn for the worst.

We walked outside into the brisk air. I shivered and rubbed my hands together to warm myself up. BANG! BANG! BANG! "Brody what are you doing your going to make them swarm up and get their attention." " i wasnt aiming at them it was a tree." " phew because if you were we would probably be dead by now."

As we were walking back to our little safe house/hell hole there was a mighty BOOM and the building went up in flames and smoke. Then from around the sides of the explosion came our worst fear. The zombies. There was around 20 of them and they looked newly turned as well. I reached for my knife and pulled it out. So did Brody and Jordan. Looks like things did take a turn for the worst.

Authors note: another chapter and theres new characters... yay!! and its sorta long... Well for me it is sorta long. I nearly have 200 reads, OMG thankyou so much to the people who are reading my book. You are all amazing!

What do you think of Slade, Jordan and Brody??