Chapter 9

Jess's POV

I yawned. I so didnt want to get out of my bed. It was so warm. Then Drew comes in smiling evilly with a pillow in his hand. "Your not going to do what I.... I was cut off because a pillow was thrown in my face. "Come on lazybones time to get up".

Theres no way your gonna get me out of this bed, you know why, its because these blankets have accepted me as one of their own and if I leave im breaking there trust." I nodded after I said that trying to sound persuasive. "Not working love c'mon time to get up and ready because were going down town."

I woke up ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair putting into a plaite down the side, changed out of my pj's and put on a blackish grey long sleeved top with faded camp printed jeans with a long black caridigan and a scarf with my black and white converses. (No I am not a collingwood supporter by the way). We walked over to Alison and Mels room.

"Come on J"! Yelled Drew "we're going into Malachiton today. (By the way Malachiton is the city in which they are staying in). "I wamma go boo da new mall on Borth street. "Its only just opwened up". Shouted Alison across from the bathroom whilst brushing her teeth. "Hust gib meh a minute!" She yelled.

15 minutes later

"Come on Alison"! We all exclaimed in unision. Toby was on his iPhone playing candy crush and by god was that game addicting, everyone is playing it. I was listening to music, so was Mel. I really rekon that How to Save a Life by The Fray is a great song. It has alot of meaning to it. Drew out of all of us was looking through the fridge for food. Typical boys.

Finally Alison walked out wearing black jeans, a camo jacket with a black sleevless top with a picture of a silver tiger with her beanie and boots. I guess you could say that camo is in fashion this year. "Alrighty we ready to go?" I think we are.

We headed down the hallway to the elevator. We could of taken the steps but who can be bothered seriously! The ding from the other elevator was music to my ears because whilst we were waiting, there was this old man with a walking stick and kept on coughing on me, he was breathing heavily, and to say he stank would be an understatement, he reaked of something that smelled like a dead body or rotten fish. Ever heard of soap?? I mean come on.

The door to the other elevator opened and there were a girl and a guy and they looked like they were snogging. But before our elevator reached our level the bloke turned and faced us. His poor girlfriend if it was even his girlfriend was well....dead. Her face had been eaten off by this thing. And he was looking straight at us.

"Nobody move a muscle" somebody said. Right then the elevator dinged and as soon as the door opened, the thing lunged at us. We all ran into the elevator and when the door shut, only the zombies arm got caught in the door. But when we started to desend its arm was sliding towards the roof. Yuck. The arm dropped off and began to squirm around the lift, everyone was dodging and jumping to get away from the still moving arm. Then it went still. The door opened and we all tumbled out to see that there were people everywhere, running or being eaten by zombies.

"Run to the door!" Yelled Mel. We sprinted to the big rotating glass doors and onto the streets of Malachiton. But there was something wrong. It was 10:00 in the morning, shouldnt there be traffic at this time? We walked into a near 7/11 to go and ask for a map. I went up to the counter and there was no one there. But...there was a bell. What was every childs favourite thing to do in a shop?. Ring the bell. I rang it once, then twice. No answer.

" Maybe we will try another place" I asked. Before we were about to leave there was a gurgling sound and I looked over the counter and what I saw made me jump back in shock.

Authors note:

I took me a while to write this but anywho i finally had some help with coming up for a name for the city. I guess you could expect the unexpected in the next chapter, until then continue doing whatever you were doing. Dont forget to

Vote

Comment

Fan

It keeps me writing even though it may not be that good. Its giving me the confidence, amd thats a big thing, for me. :)