Chapter 3

New Girl

Monday 10 October

3:55p.m.

The horror. The horror. The horror. Have just got back from the worst day at school anyone’s ever had. Am going downstairs to see if a huge number of ice-cream scoops can make it all all right (which I doubt). More later. 

Later

List of bad things that happened to AISLING FITZSIMONS today. I just hope you’ve got enough time to read all of this. 

1.Eavanne and Sorcha (more of them later, unfortunately). Yuck.

2.Dozy Miss O Connor got my name wrong. She introduced me as Aisling Fitzpatrick and everyone laughed. She then made me do an introduction to the class about myself. Even though I had my little introductory speech ready, it felt really silly. Nobody smiled. So I just stammered through something and sat down. Nobody was really interested in who I was. It wasn’t like that at Charlestown when Colleen started.

3.No one alters their uniform here. Not even a bit. They all wear them shapeless and boring with a FAT TIE. Mine was tighter, shorter with a THIN TIE. Disaster. How to Look Like the Newbie 101.

4.I got lost in the corridors and didn’t know where to get any lunch. I asked Eavanne and Sorcha and they made fun of my accent. And then one of them said ‘someone should tell her she’s not in the OC any more’, which doesn’t even make sense because the OC is in California which is at least 3,000miles away from Boston. Even though it was obvious Eavanne was geographically wrong, Sorcha still laughed. Which shows how stupid she is.

5.Lunch. No comment.

6.There is no Irish Dance ‘gang’ for me to join. This I now know, because a girl called Siobhan told me. Why? I still don’t know.

7.No email from Amelia, Lauren, Penny or even Colleen. Did get the standard monthly newsletter email from Charleston Phoenixes saying they won the State Regionals. Without me. Argghh again. 

List of good things that happened to AISLING FITZSIMONS today. 

1. This girl Siobhan was really nice to me. She also told me all about the boy next door on the bike. Previously referred to as the man who saved me from a life as a dancing nun by being off the scale in terms of general gorgeousness. He’s called Murphy. No second name. Just Murphy. Like Sylar from Heroes.

2. The End. 

List of CATASTROPHIC information which I, AISLING FITZSIMONS, received today. 

1. Murphy is going out with Eavanne.

2. Argghhhhhhhhhh. 

...........

Click the Thumbnail Below or Click Info on Mobile to Watch the Webisode.