Chapter Four

Yay! Another chapter! The boys are finally in it so be excited. I hope you guys like it and feedback is always appreciated. Love you guys lots and lots! :)

                                                 *Emma*

I jolted awake, waking from my dream, or more, a nightmare. I laid my head back on the seat. Not again. Everything had been going so well. I closed my eyes, but opened them quickly when I saw the scene from the nightmare still playing behind my eyes.

“Em?” Mom asked.

“Yeah,” I said, opening my eyes and turning to face her.

“Wake up your sister please. We’re almost there,” she smiled, turning back to her book.

She still didn’t know. No one knew; no one could ever know. It was my little secret and it would stay that way.

“Keelie wake up,” I said, shaking her.

“Hmm,” she muttered. I shook her again. “I’m awake,” she muttered, swatting my hand away.

I smiled and sat back as the plane began its decent. 20 minutes later we were picking up our bags, waiting for the car that had been sent to pick us up. I lent against my suitcase, checking my phone. No one would text me, who was I kidding. I could always hope though.  I sighed putting my phone back in my pocket. I was glad no one cared; it just made things easier.

“Emma. The car’s here!” Keelie told me excitedly. I smiled and walked over to here and Mom.

“Hi. I’m James, the driver,” he laughed. “Let’s get you to the hotel you’ll be staying at. You’ll meet everyone there. “

He helped us take out bags to the car and put them in the back. We all filed into the car, Mom and Keelie chatting excitedly about what was to come while I was content to just sit and gaze out the window, watch all the interesting and different buildings pass by. Miami was very different compared to my town in New York. There was so many buildings pressed together and there were so many cars and people, it was insane. It took almost half an hour to get to the hotel from the airport, the traffic making it difficult.

“Okay, here we are,” James said, stopping outside out hotel.

“Holy…,”

“Keelie,” Mom warned.

“Moly,” Keelie finished somewhat grudgingly.

I laughed, stepping out of the car. The hotel was huge and so nice looking. Fancy. I could get used to this. I followed my mom and Keelie, thanking James for his help. We walked into the lobby. I looked around in awe. This place was huge.

“You must be Monica,” a middle aged man said walking up to us. “I’m Leon. I’m the hiring agency. Welcome to the tour,” he smiled. And this must be Keelie and Emma.”

“Hi. I’m Keelie,” Kee smiled, holding out her hand. Always the people person. He shook her hand and then smiled at me.

“I’m Emma,” I said, quitter then Keelie. He smiled all the same and shook my hand.

“Everyone’s in the meeting hall eating breakfast. C’mon, they’re dying to meet the person in charge of them,” he winked at Mom. He turned down the side hallway, leading us, I saw, to a big dining area. I soon saw that ‘everyone’ meant the 5 Seconds of Summer boys and all their people.

“Boys,” Leon said. “This is Monica Jackson, you’re vocal mentor.  And these are her daughters, Keelie and Emma.”

My stomach churned as four heads turned towards us. It was really them. My cheeks turned a slightly crimson color and I ducked my head, letting my hair cover my face slightly.

“Hi Mrs. Jackson,” Ashton said extremely close to me. I looked up to see all four boys standing right in front of us.

I backed up slightly. It was more a move out of terror than anything else. Not that I was afraid of them. Okay, so maybe a little bit. These were the boys that I had fantasied about for the last year. They were the ones that had helped me through the hardest points of my life, yet I couldn’t even look up at them or smile.

What is wrong with you Em? I mentally yelled at myself.

“Call me Monica,” Mom smiled at the boys.

“I’m Ashton,” he volunteered. Mom shook his hand, letting her eyes slide over to Keelie who looked at her horrified.

“Hi I’m Calum,” the dark haired boy said, shaking her hand as well.

“Michael,” the boy said, smiling.

“Hey I’m Luke,” the blonde cutie said shaking my mom’s hand and smiling at her. Not one of his half smiles either, I full out smile.

“Hello boys,” Mom smiled again.

“You’re Keelie?” Ashton hestiantly asked my sister.

“Yes, I am,” she laughed. All the boys shook her hand as well. “How was your flight?”

And then they were roped. They were all talking, leaving me in the dust. Not that that was unusual. I was always the one forgotten and ignored. Good for Keelie. You go girl.

“Why don’t you boys show the girls to their room while I talk to Monica?” Liz Hemmings said to the boys, smiling over at me and giving me a sympathetic look.

Luke looked at him mom, confused. She nodded in my direction. Luke looked in my direction, his eyes widening when he saw me. The blush crept onto my cheeks again. He made his way over to me, stopping right in front of me. I looked up into his gorgeous blue eyes, my heart racing.

“I’m sorry about that. I just went along with the boys,” he apologized quickly. He looked at me  guiltily.

“It’s fine,” I shrugged, giving me a reassuring smile. He smiled and stuck out his hand, which I shook.

“Luke…Oh,” Calum said coming up behind Luke.

“Emma!” Keelie exclaimed, eyes going wide as well. Michael and Ashton joined her. “Ems,” she said coming closer to me. I waved her off. “Boys this is my sister Emma,” she introduced me, trying to make it up to me.

“Hey,” they all smiled at my apologetically. They really were the sweetest boys ever.

“C’mon, we’ll take you to your room,” Ashton said.

We all filed behind him, Keelie and him laughing and joking. I lagged in the back, always the awkward , uncomfortable one.

“I really am sorry about that,” Luke said from next to me, causing me to jump. I hadn’t know he was there. “That was rude of us.”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s fine I swear.”

He smiled at me, going into awkward penguin mode. We walked in silence for a little bit. I was horrible at conversations, especially with people I didn’t know or, ya know, that I had a major crush on. We got to our room and Calum turned around and smiled at me.

“Your room is connected to mine and Luke’s,” he explained. Luke smiled at me.

“Promise we won’t make too much noise,” he joked. I laughed.

“Come in,” Keelie said, opening the door. The boys all filed in.

“You have a cute laugh,” Luke whispered in my ear, slipping past me.

I stood there for a moment in shock. Had he really said that? No. I had to have been my mind playing tricks on me. There was no way, he could have said that to me right? I just wasn’t lucky enough for that.