十一

Liam paused in front of a poster for the fight that was tacked up to the wall, and he chuckled as he looked at it. He could just make out Zayn in the background of his photo and he smiled fondly as Zayn came up behind him, taking one of his headphones out of his ear.

"You've got to get warmed up, Li."

"I know," he replied, looking at the photo of his opponent.

"Li-"

"What do you know about him?" Liam asked, turning away from the poster. "Louis Tomlinson?" Zayn chuckled, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"I've heard some things."

"Tell me." Zayn shook his head.

"You know I don't like this."

"But you do it anyway," Liam replied with a smirk as he walked away from Zayn, starting his warm up. Zayn sighed loudly but complied with Liam's request.

It was a strange part of his pre-fight ritual, but Liam liked to learn about his opponents this way. Or maybe he just liked the sound of Zayn's voice. Either way, it had been working for him for years and he wasn't about to give it up.

Zayn told him Louis' stats, what other boxers he'd fought and whether he'd won or lost. Some of his wins surprised Liam, because he'd been in matches with most of the boxers that Zayn mentioned and quite a few of them were rather large guys for their weight class. Apparently Niall hadn't been lying when he told Liam not to underestimate Louis' size.

"You worried?" Liam asked, interrupting Zayn.

"About you?" Zayn chuckled. "Always."

"Think I can win?" Liam asked as he rolled his eyes.

Zayn smiled, pulling Liam's face to his own so he could kiss him. "No contest."

—•—•—•—
sorry for being inactive, I'm mostly on Instagram!! + sorry for this short chapter. -  Brianna [ author ]