Promises

Toni-
I turn up the volume on my phone as my earphones blast Kiyanne "Know No Betta" I always play that song when I'm jogging because its gets me in the work out mood.

*this my song*

I turn the corner as my pace increases while I silently rap the lyrics. I chuckle to myself lightly because I know if anyone heard what I was listening to they would be shocked but God blessed me today because no one but birds is outside this early in the morning. I sigh as my ponytail thumps against my back continuously, yep time to get another haircut.

I look at my phone as I continue jogging looking a the time. I'm glad its summer so my boys are at summer camp for a few weeks leaving me alone. Its kinda sad being single but when I do go out I wish I was back at home so I really don't see the point in trying to go out right now. I look up and see a figure crouched down right in front of me and I try to stop but its too late and next thing I know I am straddling a strong lap and staring into shocked pair of light hazel eyes. I snap out of my reverie as I sit up on her lap looking down at her "I am so sorry" I rush to say as she stares up at me before smiling gently. "...Its fine" she says and butterflies erupt dangerously in the pit of my stomach at the sound of her soft, honey voice.