Not So Normal

I wake up in bed wondering why I didn't hear my alarm clock blaring. I'm late! I can't be late for school, not again. I don't have time for breakfast, so I'll just throw something on and go. Blue jeans and and my favorite skull t-shirt, that should do. I almost forget my jacket, but I grab it before rushing out the door. The road I walk down to get to the bus stop is so eerie and creepy. I always have to walk past an abandoned house, it's old and broken, and I swear I saw someone watching me from one of the windows on top floor the other day. Maybe I'll go in there, but I'll be careful walking up the stairs. Crap! No, I can't be late. That's my mind, always getting side tracked and leading me somewhere other than where I need to be. Well here's the stop sign, where I wait for about 10 minutes every day.

"Hey" an unfamiliar voice says.

"What? Oh, who are you?" I ask. "I've never seen you around here" I say to the tall boy that I turn around to.

"Im Adam, but I have to show you something." The boy says. "Would you please follow me, just beyond those trees?" He asks.

"I have to get to school, and I don't even know who you are, so why would I go with you?" I ask him.

"Guys, he is being stubborn. I knew this wasn't going to be easy." The boy says to someone else. "Hey I'm really sorry for this" He then says to me.

I see a group of people coming out from the trees when suddenly, he punches me, and I fall to the ground. Slowly, my eyes grow heavy and I feel myself slipping into unconsciousness. I have to fight it. Who knows what this kid is gonna do to me? And who was he talking to? I can't fight it. Everything goes dark and I'm out.

As I wake up, I can't stop my self from shouting.

"Where am I?!" I ask loudly.

"Hello, I am June, I'm the nurse here at the academy" says a young lady dressed like a nurse.

"Academy!? Why am I here?" I ask her.

"The student, well as you know him, Adam, the one that punched you, goes to this academy and he's one of our seniors. More will be explained later on but for now you need to rest" She tells me.

"No! I'm fine, and I want things explained now!" I demand.

"Ok, please give me a second" She says.

The lady heads over to the other side of the shiny white room and picks up a phone.

"Mr Hall, he wants to talk to you now, he refuses to rest until he knows what's going on" She tells the person on the other end of the phone call.

She nods a few times and then walks back over to my bedside.

"Here you are"She says, laying a pile of clothes on the bed at my feet.

She then walks out of the room, closing the door behind her. I put the clothes on. A dark blue hoodie, with a pair of black jeans. Where are my clothes? What's going on? As walk over to the door I hear, talking right outside.

"He's in there" she says.

I recognize that as the nurses voice.

"Okay, I'll go in and talk to him, everything should be better after that. I really hope this goes well. We can tell that he is quite a spectacular young man and we are excited to have him here" Says a man with a deep voice.

What is he talking about? The door opens and I see a tall man, maybe late 30s or early 40s, dressed in a gray suit.

"I am Mr. Hall. I am the headmaster of this academy. I'm sure you have many questions and if you would follow me to my office, I would be glad to explain what is going on right now" The tall man says.

"Okay, I guess" I say extremely nervous.

As I walk through the halls, I see people staring at me. I feel so uneasy and nervous here. I'm not sure I like this, but it is very nice in here. The walls look like oak, the floors are tiled with marble slates of a nice gray color. There are paintings on the wall and ahead I see light shining in from a large window. Walking passed that window, I gaze outside, a magnificent view of the sunset just over the horizon, and a row of trees as well.

When we get to the office I sit down in a soft comfortable chair facing Mr. Hall's desk.

"So, this is AcademyX, we are a school for gifted children. Gifted young people like you, that is." He says, sitting down on his much more comfortable looking chair.

"Me? What do you mean by gifted? How am I gifted?" I ask.

"Would you say weird things happen to you?" Mr. Hall asks."Things that you couldn't explain" he says.

"Not really" I tell him.

"Name something recently that's happened to you, something, strange" He says, leaning closer.

"Well, yesterday, I had a dream, or a nightmare, I'm not sure what to call it, but I swear I could hear someone yelling for help. It sounded like a young girl, but I woke up and didn't think much about it. I just wondered what it was about at first." I say to Mr. Hall.

"Ah, I see. Well we believe you are gifted with the abilities of mental power. We believe you can achieve telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation. We also see the potential for other types of kinetic abilities such as, hydrokinesis and pyrokinesis in your future" He says.

"Who's we? And how do you know all of this?" I ask. "This is just crazy" I say.

"Well everyone at this school has abilities. We have Mrs Bellsom who can find others with abilities, that's how we found you. Then, there is a young man named Carson who can sense what the abilities of others are, and he checked you when you were unconscious" Mr. Hall says.

"So, do I have to go to this school now? What about my family?" I ask. "I'm supposed to be home right now" I tell him.

"Don't worry, we've contacted your parents, school, and even a couple friends about this. They understand and your parents are happy, though they will miss you. They sent your clothes, phone, and a bag of books, comics, and many other things that you enjoy having with you." He says.

"So other people know about this? They know about a school full of people with powers?" I ask, baffled by such an idea.

"No, the school and your parents have signed a contract stating they will tell no one. Your friends have been told that your going to a boarding school far from home. Also, you cannot use your abilities outside of school. Finally, our last method to keeping it secret is the magical cloak around our school that keeps anyone without powers from seeing it" Mr. Hall  states.

"Wow, so now what?" I ask.

"Now, you will go to your dorm room. You won't have any classes until next week. Your roommate, Damon, will give you a tour around the school and help you get your room set up. Now go, and enjoy your time here at AcademyX, where it is anything but normal. That's kind of our motto" He says with a smile.

As I walk out of the office, I see Mr Hall disappear. That's strange, but I'm assuming that's one of his powers. Well I guess I'll go look for my room now.
--------------------------------------------------------

The second chapter is done and it's a lot longer, so I hope it's better. More characters will be introduced in the next chapter, which I will probably publish sometime tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy!!