Dear Dead Diary (Alternate Ending)

Luke's eyes are wide; Luke's eyes are full of tears; Luke's eyes are playing it back over and over. Luke hadn't realized he was dead until I died... and I could see his ghost. No one told me Luke had vanished... No one. They watched as I talked to the figure they couldn't see and all they could think about was how maddened I was. All that time, Luke was a ghost. All that time, I didn't realize how no one talked to him when he was around.

     "Move on... Luke... You need to move on..." All this time... it was Luke who needed saving. He screams.

     My palm glows purple against my chest. Everything goes dark.

     I'll always love Luke, even if I died. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     My own high pitch screaming, full of pain and grief, abruptly wakes me from my sleep. I spring out of bed much too quickly and fall off of the side, landing on my face. The carpet ends up breaking my fall. Tears are streaming down my face, but I'm more full of shock and surprise than sadness. My lips begin to quiver because I'm unable to comprehend my dream. There's no way it could have been a dream, it felt so real! Yet, here I am, lying on the floor in my bedroom. 

     Unable to hold back any more, I begin to cry loudly, letting the tears fall freely. Why did I have a dream like that? The pain, the pain of losing Luke is too much for me to handle. My parents, I never want something like that to happen to me. 

     Luke... Mom... Dad...

     I get up, flying to the door with speed I didn't know I possessed. Grabbing the knob with my shivering hands, I throw open the door. The tears trickle down my cheeks and drip off of my chin. If it was a dream... a dream... then...!

     Luke stands in front of my door, hand raised like he was just about to knock. His face holds such surprise, like this was the last thing he expected to happen. Quickly though, his eyes soften as he looks at my swelling eyes and puffy nose. "I heard you scream... Did you have a nightmare?" He whispers soothingly. I nod quickly, my lips stretching thin. I can't bring myself to speak. It's Luke and he's alive and well.

     "Come here, silly." He opens his arms for me and smiles sweetly. I can't stop myself, even if I wanted to, from leaping into his familiar embrace. His arms wrap around me and my heart, warming me up and promising to protect me. I rub my head into his chest over and over, crying and crying and not having the strength to stop.  He's petting my hair like I am his little puppy as he whispers adoring things into my ear. 

     "It's okay, I'm here and I won't be going anywhere. I love you, silly." He breaths into my neck. It only makes me cry more, his words. I pull away, crying and staring deeply into his eyes, still not being able to fully believe that this is real. 

     "You're here, with me? You're alive?" I ask, my voice wavering. I manage to stop the tears for a moment. 

     "Always..." He chuckles. "I love you, Neena." Then, he leans down and places his lips against mine, embracing them into a passionate kiss. I would never forget that moment, the moment that I realized what was truly important to me.

     I can't help but cry harder than I have ever cried before. 

     It was all a dream... And I hope to never have it again...