Hands In Mine

*cute fluff awh - short tho*
I'm not bothering with the rest of the smut challenge. Sorry.
-

The sun is hot today, hotter than I could possibly stand - yet he's so cool, his body isn't sweating and he's smiling like he doesn't have a bother in the world. And he doesn't, not about this weather - he's smiling as he brags to his old school friends from way back when. I smile too as I hold his hand also, they're happy for us and I'm suddenly happy too - not that I wasn't, but they're Franks friend, their support would be better than their disgust. It's been nine months. Nine months of marriage and Frankie is telling the world.

He's says crazy things like "I'm the bitch, he's the brawn" or "this beautiful man is my wife" which never fails to cause me to laugh raucously, which never fails to make him kiss me. He always does that - kiss me whenever I'm particularly happy - or just in general.

People ask why we waited so long to marry, and the answer is just that we wanted to wed in our hometown, even if it would take years, and it did.

We have been married for nine months, but we have been together for fifty-three. My eyes still glisten when I think about how he smiled like it was the greatest day of his life, like the years of homophobia and family feuds, he finally won - and I was his prize.

And I'll never forget the day, the day we first said 'I love you' as boyfriends, and how we can now say it as husbands. And I take his wrinkly old man hands, and I smile, I smile so widely that it hurts my cheeks and I could still feel small tears streaming down my old man face and I giggle and say

"I love you, Mr Way"