9-Departure

^OMG this is too funny!

Rey twirled Ben's padawan braid between her fingers...it would be gone soon. Months had passed since the incident...almost a year. And soon enough, Ben and Rey would be Jedi. REAL Jedi. Rey couldn't believe it. It felt like yesterday she was a little youngling hopping out of the ship, escaping her past.

Ben was troubled. He was in turmoil. The darkness called to him, and although he told Luke and Rey the opposite, the voice still talked to him daily. Teaching him of Darth Vader, and the Sith. This 'Snoke' person, wanted Ben to come to him. The voice said that Ben could see the dark side in its glory...witness it's true power. Then, he could make the decision to join the upcoming organization that 'Snoke' so proudly called "The First Order." This 'Snoke' guy, promised Ben the position of  Commander in this organization. A position that offered unlimited power. That was appealing.

Ben now had an unquenchable thirst for glory...something he now didn't think the Jedi could allow him to accomplish. But the First Order...that would offer him unlimited glory...and not to mention power. Ben made his decision final, he  would visit this 'Snoke,' and see if the dark side would quench his new thirst for power and glory. He wanted to follow the footsteps of his grandfather, Darth Vader.

Rey interrupted Ben's thoughts, "Can you believe in just two days you get to cut this thing off?" She said while once again twirling the braid in her fingers.

"Yup."

"Ben, what's bothering you?"

"Oh..." He hadn't expected her to notice. "Just kind of sad that we won't be able see each other that much...if at all,"

"What'd you mean? I bet you Luke would pair us together on tasks,"

"Hmm," Ben said. He hadn't thought of it until now, but going away to the First Order also meant leaving Rey behind; something he wasn't sure he could do. An idea came to him; maybe she could join him in ruling the First Order. Maybe she and him could rule the galaxy together...an opportunity Darth Vader had never gotten with Padmé. But no. Rey had too much light inside of her. Too much good. She could never turn to the dark side, and she never would want to.

"I, uh, gotta go do something, I'll see you later. Okay?"

"Love you."

"I love you too Rey," and Ben ran off to make arrangements to leave the academy later that day, to 'visit his parents'. He would of course, really be going to Snoke; whom gave him the coordinates to a planet called Mustafar.

"Have fun Ben."

"I will have as much fun as I can have with my mother...you know how she is uncle."

"Oh yes. My sister can be very interesting. But she loves you so much...she just wants to make sure you are okay."

"And don't tell them I'm coming okay? I'm leaving it as a surprise."

"Don't worry, I won't."

With that, Ben made his way to Rey's dormitory, and knocked on the door. Rey slowly opened it, smiling to see that it was Ben. But her smile faded quickly, when she noticed his sad expression, something was up.

"I'm going away for a couple of days Rey."

"Why do you seem so sad about it?"

"No reason," but it was indeed a very big reason. He had been informed that he may never be coming back...ever.

He took her hand and led her outside to where his ship was waiting in the open field, where she had arrived nine years earlier. Ben urgently pressed his lips against hers...closing his eyes and savoring the sweet taste, and the soft warmth of her lips. Rey deepened the kiss, putting her hands in his hair, and pulling herself against him.

"I love you." Ben whispered in her ear. He parted from her, giving her a good look, remembering the curve of her face, the beautiful hazel eyes, and the stray hairs that always fell in front of her eyes. She had tears in her eyes now, and they hugged one more time before Ben walked off toward the ship to his new future.

A realization occurred to him at that exact moment, that the vision that he had when he was ten was happening right now. The girl was Rey, and the man with the dark hair was him. Ben was following what seemed to be his destiny. He would finally be fulfilled in life.

Emotionally, that chapter was hard for me to write lol...and I had to read all my previous chapters to write it😂Which ended up also being an editing session thanks to my very OCD like habits. Anyways....hope you all are doing well. This book still has A LOT more story line to go through so it is NO WHERE near finished. Spring break is almost over for me *sarcastically cheers*. Take a look at the picture I put up if you haven't already...I love Mark Hamill so much😂Okay...off to writing the next chapter YAY! Oh and happy Good Friday to all those whom recognize it in their religion.
May the force (and peace) be with you,
M.J.