5-Crystalized

The Force guided Rey toward the back of the cave. She could feel it's pull... a strong tug in her chest, urging her to advance forward. She turned right, into a short crystallized tunnel that opened up into a smaller cavern. There were so many crystals, that it was overwhelming with the amount of light that they threw off.

Meanwhile, Ben wondered around aimlessly, not feeling a tug to any particular crystal. He started to worry that the Force, felt he was not worthy; when he felt an urge to turn right, which led him into a gigantic area filled with crystals coming off of the walls, and sprouting from the floor. It's so beautiful, Ben thought.

Rey felt a tug upward, and peered above her head, to notice a large, pointy crystal that came down from the ceiling. This was the one. Rey knew in that instant; and she plucked the correct amount of the Kyber crystal that would be right for her Lightsaber. It felt oddly warm in her hand. Rey looked around the cavern once more, to take in the magnificent view of the crystals that filled the cavern, and then made her way back to the mouth of the cave; being guided by the Force.

Ben finally retrieved his Kyber crystal, and he traveled back to the mouth of the cave, and found that Rey had gotten there before him.

She smiled at him brightly, holding up the pouch that he assumed held her crystal.

"Can you believe this Ben? We finally are going to make our lightsabers!" They hugged briefly, feeling the joy radiating off of one another.

"Let's make it back to Luke, before he thinks we are dead!" Rey laughed at that, and grabbed Ben's hand, pulling him back out into the frigid cold landscape of Illum.

As Ben began experiencing quickly, building a lightsaber was a lot of work. Both he and Rey had to meditate with their Kyber crystals until they sensed that they had formed a bond through the force with their crystals.

Then, came the matter of building the saber itself. The young Jedi spent hours building the sabers' handles, and components that went inside.

Even harder than building the parts, was assembling the Lightsaber. Ben and Rey had to meditate for long hours to assemble the saber through the force. One mistake in assembly, or one miscalculation on a component, could mean: BOOM.

Luckily, the young ones had done their homework, and read many books and ancient scrolls on how to create the perfect saber.

Rey was the first to complete her lightsaber. The handle was a shiny, chrome material, that slightly resembled that of an ancient Jedi master she had read about, by the name of Yoda.

Ben completed his saber not long after Rey did. He made an almost exact replica of Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber.

A ceremony followed that night, where Rey and Ben would ignite their sabers for the first time; in front of all the academy. Neither of them knew what color their saber would be, until the ceremony that evening.

The dining hall was decorated with golden ribbons and decorations, and a couple of banners saying, Congratulations Ben and Rey! Students filed in, taking their seats in front of a small stage. Ben and Rey stood on either side of Luke, whom was standing behind a podium.

"Good evening everyone!"

"Good evening Master Luke!" The crowd said in unison.

"We gather here this evening, to witness an amazing thing...Ben and Rey's first lightsaber ignition! These two have worked very hard to get where they are today. I can't express how proud of you I am, young padawans," Luke paused to look at Ben and Rey, his eyes glossy, as if he was on the brink of tears.

"Now, let's begin. Ben, you may now ignite your saber,"

Ben pressed the button gingerly, and a plasma of power shot out of the handle, vibrating, and emanating great power. The green light of the saber filled the room, which was now quiet, only to be occupied with the most recognizable sound in the galaxy: the hum of a lightsaber.

It was Rey's turn now, and Luke gave her a slight nod. Luke was very interested to see what color the saber was, due to her lineage...

Rey eagerly pressed the button to ignite the saber. She had been absolutely dying to see the color.

The power of the saber shocked Rey as much as it had Ben. A light shade of blue now filled the room, which also now was filled with the humming of two sabers, and the intermingling of blue and green light, dancing together on the floors, the walls, and the ceiling.

The room broke into thunderous applause. The two young padawans beamed with joy, and Luke smiled with pride, the energy of his joyousness emanating off of him in droves of energy that could be felt through the Force.

A truly wonderful night this was, for everyone.

Buenos Noche/Manaña/Tarde my readers! Hope y'all enjoyed that chapter! It was a fun one to write, and I did a lot of searching on Wookiepedia. That site legit has everything you would ever want to know about Star Wars. Also; THANKS FOR 43 READS! It means a lot to me! Watch the video too, I absolutely adore the Bad Lip Reading videos...there's also one of Ted Cruz (whom is running to be the Republican Party nominee for the presidential election in the US for those who don't know) that IS SO TOTALLY AWESOME! I can't stop watching it lol. Anyway...I better shut up now. Please comment any suggestions, or questions for me! Okey dokey artickokies,
May the force be with you,
-MJ
PS: will be editing later...I literally go back and edit my chapters at least three times each, so if you saved the book to the library, some of the updates are just minor word changes. Bye👋