Chapter 1 : Twins

Chapter 1

Riker POV

I got off the bus with my siblings, and raced to the front door. Rocky beat us, like usual. We went inside, and everyone headed upstairs, except me. I desperately needed a snack!

I walked into the kitchen to find my parents sitting in front of a laptop, whispering. They stared at me when I walked in.

"Hey... Is everything ok?" I asked, kind of confused.

"Um... Yeah. But plan on having a family meeting tonight," my mom said.

Oh great... Somebody probably died or something...

I grabbed an apple, and made my way upstairs.

"Why are you so pale?" Rocky asked me.

"Um... I think someone died..."

"What?"

"Mom and dad are acting weird. They said we're having a family meeting tonight."

"Just don't tell Rydel. She'll start crying before she even knows who it is."

I nodded.

"I know."

Later...

Riker POV

I sat down nervously on the couch, waiting for the family meeting to start. I hate these. It's always because of something bad.

"Alright. We've gathered you guys down here because we have some important family business to discuss," my dad said.

We all nodded, nervously.

"This will affect us all, but it will affect Riker the most."

Me!? Why me!? Are they sending me to boarding school or something!? I don't want to go!

"So we never told you guys this before, but your mom had another child."

Everyone gasped, staring at my dad.

"And he was kidnapped from the hospital. We tried to get him back, but the police never found him until now. And we just never told you guys because we didn't want you to be upset."

I don't get how this is affecting me the most. If he's our sibling, it affects us all equally...

"Anyways, he lives in Ohio, and he's coming on Friday night. His parents are going to jail. And he'll live with us."

"Wait. How did they find him now if they hadn't found him before?" I asked.

"His parents were abusive. And his friend Nick called Child Protective Services on them. And they found out he wasn't their child."

"One more question. How does this affect me the most?" I asked.

"Riker... He's... He's your twin."

My mouth fell open, and my eyes went wide.

"Riker. Riker? Hello? Anybody home?" Rocky asked, pushing me a little.

"H-he's m-my..."

"Yeah. He's your twin."

"A-are we..."

"You're identical twins."

"S-so he l-looks..."

"Just like you, yup," my dad said so casually.

I slammed my face into my hands, trying to understand. I suddenly stood up, looking at everyone.