Chapter 9- Stolen Power

"What do we do now?" asked Olivia. Jesse was speechless. She didn't want Lukas to die, he was one of her best friends and a member of the team! Axel would be set free from his curse as well. But, if he died, Jesse and her friends could defeat Herobrine and save the world. The more Jesse thought, the more Lukas was squeezed.

"Jesse! Just... don't let... him win!" Lukas said. His voice grew fainter and fainter.

"Don't kill Lukas," said Jesse, "I'll leave you alone." With that, Herobrine flicked his wrist which dropped Lukas onto the ground as he gasped for air.

"That's what I wanted, although it would have been fun to kill him," said Herobrine casually.

"Lukas! Are you okay?" asked Olivia, rushing over to him. Jesse fell onto her knees while tears stained her eyes. She didn't know what she was getting into. The world would soon belong to Herobrine. Their mission was failed. Jesse felt an arm reach across her back. When she turned around, Petra was kneeling beside her.

"You made the right choice, Jesse." She said softly.

"But Herobrine will rule over all the world! Our mission is failed, and it's all my fault," cried Jesse.

"It's not all your fault," said Petra, "Lukas and Axel would have died if you hadn't have said that. You just saved your friends lives." Jesse didn't know what else to say. The four friends just sat in silence, still grasping the situation.

"Thanks, Jesse," said Lukas softly, "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." Before Jesse could respond, Herobrine stormed through the room, wielding the amulet.

What is he up to? Thought Jesse. As Herobrine walked out, Jesse followed.

Herobrine walked out into the center of the village and held the amulet in front of him. He murmured something into it that Jesse didn't hear. The entire amulet then began to glow. The light got brighter and brighter until it was completely white.

"What's happening?" Jesse heard Olivia's voice from behind her. Olivia, Petra, and Lukas must have followed her out.

"I don't know!" said Jesse. The light from the amulet seemed to travel through Herobrine as the sky grew dark. Thick drops of rain poured from the clouds as Herobrine's entire body lit up. Thunder crashed loudly.

"We have to get out of here!" Jesse yelled over the noise. Before they could run anywhere, Axel exhaustedly ran up to them.

"Guys!" he said, "I thought I lost you! What happened?"

"Herobrine got a hold of the amulet and now he's using it to make himself powerful!"

"Watch it!!!" Olivia yelled as she jumped out of the way. A beam of light had almost hit her. Instead, it exploded a hole in the ground. Herobrine was shooting laser beams using his eyes.

"Run!" yelled Jesse. Everyone began sprinting behind the Redstone house. Jesse had never realized how big it was.

After a while, the group came to a cave.

"We should be safe in here," said Jesse. They walked inside its dark entrance to take refuge.

Later that night, they had a roaring campfire inside the cave. It felt like Jesse was too tired to think. It felt like everything that had happened that day was just a dream, but at the same time, Jesse knew it was all real.

"Jesse," Axel began, "so, what happened? Who was that guy with the amulet?"

"That was Herobrine," said Jesse, "he blackmailed me into giving him the amulet."

"So," said Axel, "can we get it back?"

"We can't. We made a deal that if he spared you and Lukas, we wouldn't try to stop his plans."

"What now?" Olivia asked.

"I don't really know," said Jesse, "It's not like I can just swoop in and grab the amulet. I have to stick to my word."

Petra's face lit up.

"Guys," she said, "Jesse said she wouldn't try to stop Herobrine. She never said we couldn't!"

"But," Lukas began, "it's not like we can just walk right up to him and say, 'Hey, Herobrine, can we have that amulet back?'"

"We don't have to do that," said Olivia, "we just have to be sneaky."

"What will Jesse and I do, then?" asked Axel, "Jesse agreed that she wouldn't mess with him, and I'm not really known for my stealth."

"We've all noticed that," said Lukas jokingly.

"No time for jokes, guys," said Petra, "this is Herobrine we're dealing with." Suddenly, everyone was silenced by the sound of footsteps. The sound echoed through the walls of the cave.

"I don't think we're alone in here," Jesse whispered.

nd,b