Chapter 2- Ocelots

"We need to find Gabriel. He gave you the amulet, Jesse, so he should know how to use it." Petra had a good point.

"Gabriel doesn't live too far from here," said Jesse, "we could easily find him."

Jesse and her friends went over to the original Order's temple and knocked on the door. Gabriel answered and greeted them.

"Hello there," Gabriel began, "how may I help you?"

Jesse said, "The amulet," she pulled it out, "It's glowing but, this time, it's on the outer rim. Does this mean something?"

"Indeed. Whenever that happens, that means you have been sent on a mission. Place the amulet on the machine that locates the Order members. It will show you where to go."

The group left and began walking back towards their temple.

Soon later, the group arrived back home. They ran upstairs to the top room where a map of the world hung on the wall. There was also a machine that used light to track the different order members in the middle. Jesse took the amulet out and placed it onto the machine. Then she signaled to Olivia to flip the switch that turns it on. A beam of light hit the amulet, then it reflected colors onto the map. The different colors represented the different members. Dark blue for Jesse, red for Olivia, Green for Axel, light blue for Petra, and gray for Lukas. Then, a gold circle pointed to a place that was so far away, the circle almost came off the map.

"That must be where our mission is," said Lukas.

"Let's go then!" said Axel.

"Hold up," said Jesse, "we need to bring our supplies, remember?"

"Oh yeah," said Axel, nervously scratching his head, "forgot about that." Jesse put the amulet back into her pocket as the group headed downstairs. Before they could go to their rooms and pack, there was a loud banging at the door. Axel, who was already near the door, peeked through the window to see who it was.

"Um... Lukas?" he asked.

"Yeah?" Lukas responded.

"I think it's for you."

Lukas walked over to the door. When he saw who it was, he jumped to the side. His blue eyes grew wide.

"Shoot," he muttered, "they're gonna kill me!"

"Who is it?" Olivia asked with suspicion.

"The Ocelots are here. When we first became a team, we made a deal to always stick together. Now, with me running off with you guys and all..."

"I see," said Olivia.

"Just..." Petra began, "pretend you're not home." There was another loud banging on the door.

"Lukas! We know you're in there! Open up!" Aiden's voice sounded muffled coming through the other side of the door.

"Um," said Axel, "he isn't here!"

"Well, where is he then?" Aiden was getting impatient.

"Now what?" Lukas whispered.

"He, uh," said Petra, "went out to get supplies for our next mission. We don't know when he'll be back."

"Okay. Well," spoke Aiden through gritted teeth, "when he gets back, tell him we're cool with him abandoning us without saying anything." Everyone looked a little worried because Aiden sounded pretty angry.

"So," Lukas whispered, "maybe now I want to speak to them."

"But we just told them that you weren't home!" said Olivia.

"I know, I know. I'll think of something."

"Oh, hey, Lukas! You're back!" said Petra.

"What?" Lukas was getting flustered. This happens when he's stressed, "Now they'll know we're lying!"

"Play along!" said Petra.

Gill, another Ocelot, said, "What? How'd he get in there? We didn't see him walk through the front door!"

"He came through the back door!" said Axel. Olivia glared at Axel,

"We don't have a back door!"

"They don't have to know," said Petra.

"Hey. Guys. I'm. Back." Said Lukas. He was really bad at acting. Or he was nervous that the Ocelots would rip him to shreds.

"Can we talk to him now?" asked Maya, the third Ocelot.

"He's all yours!" said Axel as he pushed a nervous Lukas out the door and shut it.