Chapter Four

Luca threw some cash at the cab driver and stumbled out. He stopped for a moment to take in the outlandish estate. He groaned in distaste at the overly large home. There was even a fountain in the middle of the oversized driveway.

"So Leonardo," He muttered as he stumbled up the steps; he tripped on a planter and nearly fell. "Stupid piece of-

"Who is out here?" Andre stepped outside, his face shocked when he took Luca in front of him.

"Just me, bro." Luca grinned, ruffling Andre's hair.

"Do you know what time it is?" Andre whispered harshly, "you reek like booze."

"But I'm here," Luca said casually. Would anyone give him a little credit tonight?

"You are." Andre softened at that, "you're here."

Andre reached out to hug him, and Luca instantly recoiled.

"Whoa, settle down; I'm not that drunk," Luca scoffed.

"Always an ass," Andre mumbled.

"We are going to stand outside all night... or?

"He just fell asleep," a look of concern shadowed his brother's face. "You're drunk."

"I won't wake up the old man," Luca spat out irritably," I have to piss, so move."

Andre reluctantly led him inside. He had to admit the inside wasn't as bad, not so overdone as the outside. It was so open, modern, almost bare, like his style, unlike the old man. The big windows were all the décor he would have gone for. The mountain views all around were amazing.

"Where's the bathroom?"

"Right through there," Andre motioned to a door near the open kitchen. He ducked in to care of business. The bathroom was bright and way too white; it hurt his eyes. He glanced into the mirror. He was a mess. His messy thick brown hair was all over the place, and his eyes were red.

Luca stumbled back out and into the kitchen. It was also way too white and bright. He appreciated the open layout, though. It had every appliance one could want, though none of them were probably ever used. Andre already had a glass of water and some aspirin on the island. The island was a nice touch, he had to admit. It had a butcher block top and helped break up all the white. He allowed himself to take the aspirin as he faced Andre.

"It's not very dad, in here," Luca pointed out. "Our apartment in Sun City was so over the top."

"This was a farmhouse before," Andre told him, "They told him if he wanted his vision to destroy it and rebuild. He refused. He wanted to restore what was here. It took forever, but he got what he wanted."

Andre paused for a moment, and a wistful smile crossed his face. "He got sick by the time we got to the interior."

"Oh," Luca shrugged it off quickly; he wasn't interested in hearing endearing stories about the old man.

"Why'd you come?" Andre ignored his request.

"Just got to make sure the finances are in order, and then I'm out," Luca promised, "You'll hardly even know I was even here."

"You're here to make sure you get your cut?" Andre said, looking angry.

"Well, my trust fund isn't going to last forever," Luca drawled out in a cocky tone,

"No, you're lying. It was Kit. She got through to you," Andre said, crossing his arms with a smug, knowing look.

"Please." Luca scoffed, "But she is a hottie. I met her at the bar after her dad got me wasted."