The Heart Of London

The Heart of London is the second book in the Donato series and is ready to read!

Summary 

On the evening of her sweet sixteenth birthday party, a daydream of a dance with her first crush turns into a nightmare when Loni Donato suddenly stops breathing and collapses in the middle of the dance floor. A young doctor is halted in his tracks when he hears about the teenager as it hits a little too close to home. When he is put on the case, he feels an immediate bond with the Donato family that he can't explain. Could this mysterious connection be the key to saving Loni? Loni hears the doctors whispering and sees the fear in her parent's eyes, and she's terrified. She doesn't want to say goodbye to a life that has just started to bloom. As her condition worsens, the young doctor is more determined than ever to find the answers. But what if the price of a miracle is too high to pay?

Sneak peek 

"Slow down, sweetheart!" A mother called as she chased a little girl through a flower field.

Laughter filled the air, a sweet innocent, musical laugh. Little legs propelled the young girl forward, long red locks flowing behind her. Until finally, she came to a stop and plopped down tiredly in the flower field.

The mother sat down next to the little girl, and her gaze washed over the child, memorizing the soft glow in her honey-brown eyes and the reddish flush to her cherub cheeks.

The field full of wildflowers was on the way to their house.

Year one, she'd stopped because the then one-year-old baby girl was fussy and needed a break; that's when she discovered that flowers calmed her down.

Year two, they'd stopped again, as she wanted to snap some pictures of the toddler in the flowers.

This was year three, and it was becoming a tradition, it seemed.

"Whats -a matter, mama?"

"I'm just a little sad, baby," she confessed.

"Why?"

"Don't you worry about it; it'll pass." She tapped the girl's little button nose. "Why don't you pick some flowers for your birthday?"

"Yay!" Full of smiles, she leaped up to do so, immediately taking off into a run.