Chapter 19

~1 Week Later~ 

~Christmas Eve~ 

Justin's P.O.V 

"Do I really have to work?" I sighed while putting on my shirt. 

"You always do a Christmas concert." Kenny said. 

"But I don't feel like doing one this year." 

"Why?" 

"Because I wanna stay by Kylie's side." 

"Justin you're sitting next to her 24/7. The media already got pictures of you resting your head on the edge of the bed fast asleep. You're practically living there." 

"I just want to protect her." I shrugged. "Since I couldn't protect her that night." 

"It wasn't your fault."  

"I know.. But I just feel like a part of it was." I sighed. 

"Maybe just a little was." Kenny joked. "Ok come on, you have lots to do." 

"Like what? See, you guys never fill me in on anything." 

"First you have an interview, then you visit the children's hospital, the you make an appearance at Macy's to give out some gifts and your Christmas album, and finally you do a quick show, just about 5 songs." 

"Seriously an interview? Scooter booked an interview?" I sighed. 

"Yeah." 

"I know they're going to ask me about Kylie, I just know it." 

"Come on let's go find out." Kenny said. We walked out the hotel, got in the car, and went to where the interview was being held. "Oh and a reminder.. This is live." Kenny said just as I was about to enter the room. 

"Great." I sighed and walked in. 

"Justin, welcome.. Thank you for coming." The lady smiled. 

"Hi." I said while shaking her hand and sitting on the couch opposite of her. 

"How are you?" 

"Um.. I'm ok, you?" 

"Great, can't wait to see the family later." She smiled. 

"That's nice." I said. 

"Are you flying to Canada for Christmas or is your family coming over?" 

"Um.. Celebrating Christmas is not the most important thing on my mind right now.. I'm sure my mom and Jessica are planning to have the family come over to Scooters house." 

"So everyone is wanting to know... How's Kylie doing?" 

"Um.. She's.. She's.." I said while scratching the back on my bead and looking t the floor. 

"I'm sorry, is this question making you feel uncomfortable or upset?" She asked. 

"No, no, no.. It's ok... Kylie is doing.. Um.. Ok." 

"There's so much rumors going around, some are saying she has passed away, some say she's home, and some say she's still in the hospital... Would you mind clearing this up?" 

"Well she has definitely not passed away, but yes, she's still in the hospital... She's still in the coma." 

"The crash was that bad?" 

"Yes." I sighed. 

"Do you know why she was at the restaurant?" 

"I told her to meet me there because I planned to have a nice dinner with her, but I.. I stood her up... For a stupid mistake and if I could take it back, I would."