Epilogue Part 4: Unfailing Love

Start from the beginning

"I think... I think I many love someone dad." I say suddenly, I turn my head slightly to look up at him. He doesn't look mad. I think I expected him to be angry, I'm not sure why. It's just how I pictured it.

"Who is this little boy and do I need to clean my gun?" He jokes, chuckling as he pulls me closer.

How do I tell him this?

"Dad it's um... it's not a boy..." I trail off, afraid of what may come next. I look up at him again and his face surprises me. He doesn't look angry or disgusted. He's smiling. "You're not angry?" I question in a small voice.

"No." He shakes his head, smiling. "Why would I be upset with you sweetheart?"

"Because I'm different." I reply quickly.

He pulls me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around me. "That's one of the many reasons I love you so much." He kisses my forehead. I smile as he pulls back, wiping some tears I didn't even know had fallen. "Tell me about this girl you think you love."

"See Spencer we rushed." I tell my girlfriend with a sly smile as Madison makes a gag sound.

"This wedding just had to be at the beach didn't it." Madison shakes her head as we walk towards the beach.

"Yeah Madison, Ms. Williams totally did this on purpose in hopes you wouldn't come." Spencer quips.

"Watch it Carlin or suffer my wrath." Madison turns to Spencer and says seriously.

"I'm quivering in my Manolos." Spencer rebuttals playfully.

Umm... she better be.

"You trying to die today?" I question my girlfriend, peeking behind her to Madison.

"Wait bitch what? You have on Manolos, lemmy see." Madison reaches down to lift up Spencer's dress. "Ahh! How dare you!"

"They were a gift from Ashley." Spencer says matter-of-factly, causing Madison to give me a death glare.

"Um..." Yeah that's all I got. I'm genuinely scared for my life.

"Oh I got you bitch. I only took up for you, kept your best friend from finding out about you two before you were ready for her to, covered for you guys a few times and backed you guys' relationship for all those months last summer. No biggie." Madison says sarcastically.

"And you're measuring all that in the form of a pair of heels?" Aiden asks his girlfriend.

"Mind your shit before I bury you in this Devil awful sand."

"Devil awful?" Aiden questions.

"Well I'm sure as hell not gonna bring God into this, clearly this is the work of the Devil." Madison says rolling her eyes as we walk down the covered pathway towards where all the chairs are set up. To our right I see a small beach house and I figure that must be where Ms. Williams is getting ready.

"I wanna go say hello to Ms. Williams before we sit." I lean over and tell Spencer.

"K, I'll come with." She nods. "We're gonna go say hello to Ms. Williams, you guys can go sit." She tells our friends who nods. I'm sure Madison doesn't want to walk on the sand any more than she has to.

"You really do look amazing Spencer." I tell her for probably the hundredth time as we make our way to the dressing room.

"So I've heard." She smiles, intertwining our fingers. "Not as amazing as you though." She counters.