New York To California

"Where's this Ashley chick and why are you driving her car?" Madison asks me as we drive to my parents house.

"For the fifth time Madison, she was supposed to take me to the airport to get you guys but she had some band business to take care of suddenly, so she gave me her car and took Lexy's."

"Oh, the best friend from hell." Madison says and rolls her eyes.

"Madison you're gonna have to try to get along with Lexy. At least pretend." I chuckle and shake my head at my friend.

"Yeah, that's not happening." Aiden says from the backseat.

"Nope, sure isn't." Madison says folding her arms over her chest.

"Well it's gonna be kind of hard for us to all hang out if-"

"Whoa!" Madison shrieks, turning in her seat to face me. "I never said I would hang out with that chick, I'm here to see you. Not extra hoes." Madison says seriously and I can't help but burst into laughter.

"She's not that bad Mads." I shake my head and continue to chuckle.

"Mhm."

"Really, she isn't." I assure my friend.

"Just give the girl a chance Madison." Aiden chides his girlfriend.

Madison scoffs and turns around abruptly in her seat. "Would you like to go back to New York single?" She asks Aiden with a raised brow and he quickly shakes his head. He's knows she's not joking. I chuckle at her as she turns back around.

"Put your seat belt on." I command.

"You don't look like Marisol Angelis Daurte to me." She says completely ignoring my request for her to do the safe thing and put on her seat belt.

"Okay, if you die." I shrug, glancing at her then back at the road.

"A little dramatic aren't we?" I just shrug. "Fine!" She says after a moment with a huff. She snatches the seat belt from it's position above her right shoulder and snaps it in. "Happy?" She asks harshly.

"Very." I smile.

"Works every time." Aiden chuckles from the backseat.

"Mom!" I shout into the house. I told her that Madison and Aiden were coming today and she completely went nuts, talking about taking off of work and what not. I'm like seriously mom? You'll take off work to spend time with my friends that you've never met but you won't take off to come to New York to visit your own daughter?!

So anyways, I talked her out of it because lets face it...you've met my mom. She can be super awesome but she can also be super annoying.

"I'm in here, Spencer!" She shouts from the kitchen.

"Yo, little sis." Glen comes down the stairs eating a bag of chips.

I roll my eyes as I show Aiden where to put his and Madison's suitcases. "Go away, Glen." I tell my brother as he follows us to the kitchen.

"Who's the hottie?" He asks and Madison scoffs.

"My girlfriend." Aiden pipes up.

"Excuse my brother guys, he was born without a brain. We get monthly checks and everything." I tell my friends in the most serious tone I could muster. They both chuckle as we reach the kitchen. "Ma tell Glen to stop being a creeper and hitting on my friends." I whine we enter the kitchen.

"Glen stop hitting on, Aiden is it?" My mom looks up and asks.

"Yes ma'm." Aiden chuckles.

"Mom!" Glen shrieks. "I was hitting on the girl, not the boy!" He shakes his head and scoffs before walking out the kitchen in a hurry.