Before you read...

^This the song referenced through out this section of the book. This part tells you what to expect. Please skip this if you hate even the smallest of spoilers.
The story is named after an opening from the anime DNAngel which  may  or may not be the opening of an animated version of this story, which may or may not be on YouTube as soon as I do about six dozen test animated shorts within the next few years or so. The song,True Light or White Night is a fitting song for the story. This can be seen in the lyrics. Observe. Darkness of white you can, through the sadness take your flight.
Dewpaw finds reasons to smile and go on through her tears. And become the wings that pierce the veil spreading strong and true tonight! Even though she struggles, she will come out victorious in the end. ...My soul threw away the mask that hides the deeper me. Reveal the soul inside, shred the truth with all your lies. She is shown the truth, and is in denial(not the river in Egypt) as she "shreds" the truth with lies like "This is just a joke." And "I'm only dreaming." I think you get the idea now. It makes more sense when I imagine the animated version... Anyway, I bring to you My Little Pony: True Light.