Eleven

I blinked several times before the face in front of me focused. A guy... I noticed a burning pain in my head, which confused me. He had long dark brown hair that almost covered his eyes. He was leaning over me, looking at me.

I looked around a bit, feeling that I was in a bed in a medical room.. My head was wrapped with a bandage. Next to me was a hook for hanging an IV, but there was nothing on it.

Another man was sitting on a wooden chair at the end of the bed. He was bald and had a black eye, as if he had been hurt recently.

 The one who was looking at me noticed that I woke up.

"She's  awake."

A guard... hmmm... was I supposed to do something...?

OH! Right! Crap! A lot of memories flooded through my head. "WAH?!"I shot up and immediately kicked, hitting the guy in the chair in the nose.

Reflexes.

The man grabbed his nose as it started bleeding "Ugh!.. Why, you ungrateful little brat.." He stood up and faced me. "I could take you down in a second, punk."

Anger issues.

"I'd like to see you try to beat this necklace."

A/N: Attitude issues.

His face reddened in anger.

"DANG LITTLE GIRL!!"

A small figure that gave off a I've-met-this-person-before vibe walked into the room. A baby? No, a toddler. Not a week over three years. A single curl of golden hair sprang off the top of it's otherwise bald head. It was walking very well on two legs. It was wearing a black tank top, white pants, and boots. No matter how sure of itself it looked, it seemed completely out of place.

You know, considering it's age.

"Deus,don't take it out on her."

It said, in a very developed voice that should not have been coming from a toddler's mouth.

Deus, who looked like he was ready to damage something, cried out in frustration and stormed over to the back of the room, where there was a table with medical supplies. He tried to stop his nosebleed. The toddler walked over to the chair Deus had vacated and tried to climb on it. It was too tall for him. "Waffle, help me here." His voice I still couldn't believe. It sounded like--

The guard with long brown hair hoisted it on to the chair. The toddler's face seemed to tint pink a bit.

"What do you remember?"

Remem....ber? What do I remember?

"I-I-- hit my head...! 'Cause someone threw me! And Violet.... isn't...."

Images flashed through my mind. Violet, looking surprised and hurt, telling me everything was my fault. Nick, kissing me on the cheek. The ghosts' desolate eyes, staring through my soul. Tears fell from my eyes. They dripped off my cheeks, and I watched, dazed, as they left wet marks on the grey blanket over me. Then emotions flocked to my brain. Dread was overcoming me. Sadness, disappointment, indignation, embarrassment, so many things ran through me and stopped all of my senses from working at once.

"It seems as if you remember a lot."

I snapped to reality.

"W-why else would I be crying like this, idiot?"

"You're not really in a good mental state right now, so there really doesn't have to be a reason. You took a pretty nasty blow to the head." He says. I hesitate.

"And I'd advise you don't disparage us. Especially Deus. He saved your life."

Wait.. Deus? The guy who just stormed to the back of the room like a little kid with anger issues? Okay, I admit I would've been mad, too. But....

"Oh excuse me, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sugar, Deus' sister."

I seriously feel like I've met someone named Sugar before, but there's no way I could have met them before. I haven't seen a baby in five years.

...Sugar...

...Sister...

...That means.... IT'S A GIRL.

"Um..."

"Please excuse my current form. It isn't what I usually look like..." She glanced around quickly, "But since she's not here, I guess..." Sugar hesitantly hopped down from the chair and started glowing.

Yeah.

Glowing.

The light started getting brighter until it filled the whole room, then came to a peak with a blinding flash. The shape of a three-year-old had been burned into my retinas.