Chapter 6

Daya's POV

Like me and Chasity planned, I rode the school bus to her house to finally smoke! Look, I'm not addicted or anything, but I like the feeling I get when I smoke weed

Like me and Chasity planned, I rode the school bus to her house to finally smoke! Look, I'm not addicted or anything, but I like the feeling I get when I smoke weed. I don't do it often & plus we're adding it to brownies so no worries.

"Alright you can drop your bag in my room & come down to help me." Chasity said. I did just that, placing my things in her room & coming back down to wash my hands. She took out all of the ingredients, minus the weed for now, & we began.

"Your mom is still at work, right?" I asked.

"Why you already scared?" She replied.

"Naw I'm just asking because what if the smell is too loud." I said.

"Don't worry, I'll Febreeze the place as we mix it in. She doesn't even get off for another hour." She said. I eased up a little & finished stirring the mixture in the bowl.

"Alright you want all of it in the bowl or some left so we can roll up?" Chasity asked.

" I don't have the balls to actually roll it up in your house." She nodded her head. "Are you sure we're gonna feel the effects from just dumping it in?"

"Not really. That's why I got some Cannabutter from my friend to help bring out the taste." Chasity said.

"What kinda butter is that?" I asked.

"It's weed butter Daya." She said. Where does one get weed butter at?

Smoothing the brownie batter in the pan, Chasity placed it in the oven & I set the timer.

"Let's start on homework while we wait." I suggested.

"Alright. I got Biology."

"I have Algebra."
~~~~~
Beyoncé's POV

I was laying in bed, watching TV with Shawn when my phone rang

"Who is it?" Shawn asked.

"It's Janet, Chasity's mom" I said looking at the called id.

"....Hello?" I answered the call.

"Hey Bey, I don't know what's happened to the girls while I was at work but they've been vomiting ever since I got home." She said. I sat up and started to get my shoes on.

"What? Oh my God are y'all still at home?" I asked. Shawn was confused by my quick reaction so he got up too.

"Daya is not as nauseous as Chasity but she's laying on the bathroom floor. I'm going to go ahead & call 911." I started to panic and tear up.

"Okay I'll be there probably before the ambulance & I'll trail behind." I hung up the phone and got my purse & keys.

"What's wrong Bey?" Shawn asked.

"Janet called & said the girls have been vomitting ever since she got there. Daya didn't look sick when she left home Shawn. I gotta go." I said.

"Bey you can't drive like this. Give me the keys & tell your mom to watch Blue longer." He said.
~~~~~
*Hospital*

The girls are in side by side private rooms in the hospital

The girls are in side by side private rooms in the hospital. We've been waiting for the doctor to come back & tell us what's going on. I'm scared because Daya looks so weak & because she still felt the need to vomit when she arrived, they had to give her something to stop it.

"Do you think it's something she ate at breakfast or lunch?" Shawn asked. He chose to stand up against the wall while I sat in the chair next to Daya's bed. She was currently sleeping.

"I don't think breakfast would've had her sick like this. She only ate cereal, but who knows what she had at school." I said.

The doctor finally came in & I stood up. Me and Shawn shook his hand & he pulled out Daya's chart.

"Okay Mr. & Mrs. Carter...from the tests we've run, it looks like Daya experienced a bad allergic reaction to tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as the drug found in marijuana." He said.

"Wait there's weed in her system? That's not possible, she doesn't smoke." I said. Shawn wore a blank expression.

"Unfortunately that's what was in her system. Either she smoked it or mixed it into some type of food, but a lot of it got into her body making her sick." The doctor said.

"Is it even possible to be allergic to weed?" I asked. I'm far beyond upset at this point, but I can't do anything until I know the full information.

"Yes it's possible. It's becoming more common, and there are people out there who either vomit, get bad headaches, or become unconscious at the contact of the drug. Your daughter started to vomit because she had a lot in that one setting. She may experience a mild headache when she wakes up, but once we give her medicine she'll be free to go." He said.

"And because she's a minor who got in contact with the drug, social services will have to meet with you two once Aubree is released & in your care." The doctor added. I'm so upset right now, but relived that Aubree won't have to stay overnight.

"Okay thanks doctor. Is Chasity okay?" I asked.

"I haven't went to her room yet, but you can talk to her mom after I've finished evaluating her." I thanked him and watched him walk out the room.

"Baby, I know what's probably going through your mind, but let's just figure this all out once we take Daya home." Shawn said. I shook my head & sat back down.

"I'm just so tired of it all Shawn. Am I that bad of a mother I can't catch these things? Just last week she was skipping school & before that talking back." I said.

"We can't always be there to see what she's doing because kids will find a way to do whatever they want. It's gonna be okay." He kissed my forehead & we waited for Daya to wake up.

*******COMMENT, VOTE!*******