Edited: 7

When lunch ends Travis goes plan out some pranks with Connor. He said it might take a few hours after lunch. But that's fine. I needed some girls time anyway after what Myra pulled in the infirmary. I still cant shake my anger at him so Railynn and I decided to go sit at the pier again for me to cool off.

"So why are you upset?" She asks.

"It's nothing," I lie.

"It isn't nothing, I'm your best friend remember, you can tell me anything."

"Rai," I sigh.

"Come on, I know you."

"Fine." I take a deep breath. "Travis is just getting on my nerves. Not only did he beat me in a bet earlier today but he's just so—so—"

"Flirty with Myra?"

I blink. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"She's the mean girl that's dating my crush—I keep tabs on her."

It slipped my mind that Railynn likes Jake for a second. "Well, I hear that Myra and Jake are having issues so it might be mean to say, but that's good for you."

"I don't think it's mean to say. Myras a bitch. Plus, Myra shouldn't be flirting with other guys while being in a relationship. I can treat Jake better than that."

I nod in agreement.

"Travis shouldn't be flirting back, either." She points out. "He's your boyfriend."

I give her a look.

"What?"

"Swear you won't tell anyone?" I sigh. I cant keep lying to her. She's my best friend. I have to tell her what's going on.

"Wait, he is your boyfriend right?" Railynn eyebrows raise. "Or is that just a set up?"

I struggle with the right words to say. Words that won't make the truth about what kind of relationship Travis and I have sound so bad.

"What?!" Railynn yells. "It's a set up?!"

"How did you even get to that!"

"I can tell when you're lying, Katie! It's psychology! I'm a daughter of Athena, I know a lot about—"

"Okay, okay, oh wise one!" I mock her. "Just keep it down, we can't let others hear!"

"So it's true!"

"Yes, it's a set up! The relationship is fake! Please don't tell anyone...or get mad at me..." I wince. I couldn't keep the secret of the relationship being fake from her. The kid is too smart for her own good, she's have figured it out eventually.

"Travis basically could have just about any girl in the camp...but is using you to get back with Myra!" She gasps "That's why he's flirting with her! Getting her jealous!"

"Yes! Now be quiet!"

"Hey, Katie Kat!"

We both turn and my panic levels rise as I see it's Travis.

"Hey, Railynn." He smiles at my friend as  he sits down and sets me in his lap.

"For a fake relationship, you too sure look comfortable." Railynn raises her eyebrows.

Travis tenses up. Great. I shoot Rai a dirty look and then turn my attention back to Travis. His discomfort dissolved all the anger I have at him from earlier today. I cant stand to see him so upset.

"I'm sorry." I tell him touching his cheek. "She was already going to find out....and I figured that you would have already told Connor."

He sighs touches my hand. "Yeah. I told him. I hope you don't mind...but we still have to pretend incase others are watching."