Edited: 3

I exchange glances with my two friends. Miranda looks ready to say something sharp, but then gets her mouth covered by Railynn who drags her out somewhere else. They leave just so the jerk that made Travis heartbroken. Myra probably just wants to talk smack to my face.

Whatever she has to say, I hope it's quick. Curfew is coming soon and I don't feel like getting caught.

But it's like Myra isn't concerned at all. She smirks and sits down next to me, her heels clicking against the wooden pier. Why do you even where those? It's an out door camp. Practically night time too because the sun will be down in ten minutes...

"Katie, I need to tell you something that might make you butt-hurt." She says plainly with fake sympathy.

"Um...Why?" I ask. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all."

"I don't care."

"Well. Damn."

"I don't see why Travis likes you at all."

I raise my eyebrows at the girl. "Excuse me?"

"You're too independent, you aren't remotely pretty, you could also learn some fashion tips."

"Excuse me?" I repeat. Well...getting her jealous was easier than I anticipated.

"Did I stutter?"

"Well maybe he likes me for who I choose to be." I snap back.

Myra scoffs but I'm not finished yet.

"Maybe that's why he chose to ask me out." I'm obviously lying, Travis and I are only faking our relationship, but I have more self respect than to let someone talk to me like that. "Not everyone wants to be a damsel in distress—I prefer to be a damn strong heroine."

"Maybe you should look at the bigger picture and realize that I was asked out by him...before you."

I don't know why this hurts me, but deep down, it does, and I scold myself for it. Get a grip, girl, Travis is annoying and obnoxious. If Myra wants him then, it wouldn't be a loss on my behalf.

He is just using me as a toy to get back with Myra for gods' sake...but Aphrodite knows I'm a sucker for blue eyes.

Again an unreasonable twinge of pain flickers in the back of my heart. "Aren't you with Jake? Why do you even care about who Travis dates?"

"Because his downgrade is a slap in the face to me," She scoffs, "I mean, just look at you. How could he think he's got a better girlfriend now?"

"Oh, I get it," I smirk. "You lack self-validation."

Her eyes stare at me infuriated. "I'd advise you to watch your tongue next time you say stupid things like that to me. You're a no one, you are nothing. Whatever Travis tells you is wrong. I know he is still strung up about me. He's just wasting time and rebounding off of you. Keep that in mind because—"

"Katie-Kat!" A familiar voice interrupts her. Travis.

"Starr-Light!" Another voice calls. Jake Mason.

Myra turns and uses her daughter of Apollo acting skills and stands to flash them a smile."Jakey!"

I almost laugh aloud. Jakey? Really?

Unlike the little cow with a cake-face of makeup on, I choose to stay quiet as the boys jog up to us and I let her words sink in. Somewhere deep within my gut, the things she said did hurt me.

Jake twirls Myra around in a small circle as she giggles again. On the other hand, my boyfriend doesn't even notice me. I cross my arms in front of me and sigh.