Chapter 7

Brenna's POV (still)

I ran up to the house and straight to my parents. "Mom! Dad! Story! Now!" I shouted out of breath. They just looked at me confused. When I caught my breath, I asked them again. "Mom, dad, can you tell me the Mermaid and Human story? Please?" "No Brenna. We already told you no," mom said. "Well fine then. I guess I'll just read this," I said. I held up the book. My parents had shocked faces.

"Fine. We'll tell you." I smiled and tossed the book aside. "Well, tell me!" I said. They motioned to the couch and I sat down. "Ready?" my mom asked. "Yup." They sighed and started.

(A/N: When quotes change, it means the mom and dad switch telling the story.) "It started when the mermaid was young. She fell in love with a normal boy. Both were madly in love with each other." "The mermaid was determined to be with him." "By giving him. The mermaid's kiss." "What's the mermaid's kiss?" I asked. "It's a spell when a mermaid or merman changes the human into a mermaid or merman." "Back to the story, the mermaid did everything she could to even see if he was already a merman." "Why daddy?" I asked. "Because, if you use the power on a merman or mermaid, you lose your powers," my mom explained. I gulped.

"When the mermaid found out the boy wasn't a merman, she was determined to use her power." "But that's when trouble started brewing." "What kind of trouble?" "No one knows." "Oh." "When that was over, the mermaid and boy got married. Then she used her power on the boy." "How do you use it?" I asked. "You have to wish for it, and you have to do a special trick, but you shouldn't know about that now. Now go work on your homework." "Yes mom."

I walked away to my room. The mermaid's kiss huh? Gonna have to do more research.

SORRY FOR SHORT CHAPTER!!!! WRITER'S BLOCK. :/