King x Reader~ Happy Accidents

King slowly glided down the stairs, still half asleep on his pillow as he looked tiredly around the tavern. Meliodas sat on one of the stools by the counter with Ban, laughing and chatting about hell knows what.
Elizabeth was sweeping the dusty floor.
"Hey guys," King greeted with a yawn. Elizabeth looked up at him and flashed a warm smile.
"Hello, sir King (haven't watched this anime in a while since its release of season 2 so I don't remember what she calls him)! How did you rest?" King fixated his eyes on his pillow.
"I slept fine, could've slept better honestly." He flipped himself over on his back and stretched until he heard those satisfying pops. "I'm hungry. Ban, what are you making for breakfast?" Ban chuckled and mockingly rolled his eyes.
"Nothing. Make yourself a meal, old fart." King only mumbled in annoyance at the nickname before floating towards the door. A bit of fresh air always woke him up. However, (Y/N) burst in with an excited squeal and slammed the door against his face.
"Guys, look what I just bought! Isn't he adorable?" she said, holding her arms out to show off a tabby cat. It blinked and meowed with no real emotion, but Elizabeth didn't care in the least. Her eyes lit up and she rushed over to (Y/N) to pet the kitten, all while Ban laughed hysterically at the fairy who was now sprawled on the floor with a nosebleed and half of his consciousness.

~~~

After (Y/N) realized what she'd done, she apologized profusely to the fairy king until he accepted it and let her tend to his injures. For a fragile boy with an even more fragile masculinity, he didn't take it too personally. Besides, who wouldn't be excited to see an adorable kitten? And who wouldn't want to see the look of pure joy on (Y/N)'s face?
As (Y/N) dabbed a cold rag gently against King's nose to ease the throbbing pain, the fairy couldn't look away from her bright eyes. It took alot of strength to look away and even more strength to accept that she caught him in the act, as his cheeks flushed and his nose bled even more.
"Sorry, sorry. I just—it's a habit I need to grow out of," he admitted, looking down instead at her chest without really acknowledging it. He just couldn't look her in the eye. (Y/N) noticed, but she didn't care. In her gray shirt and tight fitting leather jacket, there wasn't much to show.
"What habit?" she asked curiously. King paused.
"Staring. It's a fairy thing. We're independent creatures, but in these types of situations, we can kind of...slip away from that. I guess you could say we lose all sense of independence. Not that I need help with this—but I appreciate it!" He sounded frantic when he realized how rude he must've come off as, like he didn't appreciate (Y/N)'s help. Of course he did! She didn't laugh or stand there and watch him bleed, and it was a complete accident.
(Y/N) smiled. "I know you do. You can't help your fragility," she teased, playfully nudging his arm. He blushed even more.
"It's not fragility! It's—delicate beauty," he replied defensively.
"Whatever that means," (Y/N) only mused. Soon she had King's nose all cleaned up. Luckily it wasn't broken.
"All done. And again, I'm really sorry. If there's anything else I can do to just repay you for this burden?" she wondered hopefully. King smiled and shook his head.
"You've helped enough. Plus, I wouldn't call it a burden." He lightly tipped (Y/N)'s chin upward, his pupils filling his bright amber eyes.
"Call it a happy accident." (Y/N)'s cheeks blazed like flames and her lips parted to speak, but instead she offered a shy smile.
"Oh! And please don't tell Ban about my staring problem." King moved his hand away and returned to his shy self, and (Y/N) couldn't help but laugh. This was a happy accident.