OddBall- Chapter 3 Part 2

Senia froze when the bell rang through the cold air.

Keeping her head hanging low, she began to shuffle towards the doors, gripping onto her shoulder bag as everyone pushed past her like she wasn't even there.

This, she didn't mind. At this moment she would rather be ignored then acknowledged.

The coldness briskly went away when she stepped inside of her high-school. But the stinging silence didn't.

 Senia reached her locker in relief.

She was just about to reach for her books when something, or rather someone, ran right into her shoulder, pushing her down onto her wrist.

Senia let out a whimper when she came to the realization that she was actually on her wrist. It had happened so quick, Senia didn't even get a glimpse of who did this. But tending to her wrist right now was more important then attempting to be Sherlock Holmes.

She tried to lift her body up off of wrist, but had no luck. Her muscles were weak, and she would rather stay like this all day than go to class and be ridiculed.

Senia tried again, this time, managing to roll onto her back. Her wrist stung in pain, Senia hissed and tried to push herself up onto her feet.

No luck again.

She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. Senia was just about to push herself off of the ground again when a large warm hand grasped hers, pulling Senia up and onto her feet.

"Thank you," She muttered, opening her eyes to not at all who she would have expected this 'savior' to be.

"No problem." Brent said in a hushed tone.

"Ugh," She replied and started to gather her books up off of the ground.

"Do you need some help?" Brent asked.

"No." He ignored this and started to help, picking up loose papers and pencils.

"I'm fine." Senia stated. "I don't need your help-ouch!" Senia had almost forgotten about her wrist, and know it stung in pain. Brent dropped her books and papers onto the floor in a neat pile and rushed to her side-she couldn't quite understand why.

"What happened to your wrist?" He asked as she clenched her teeth to try to keep herself from crying out in pain.

"Nothing." She spit out, and pushed him away from her. Brent stood up and extended his hand.

"Come on, we're going to the nurses office." Senia ignored his hand and pushed her self off of the ground, holding on softly to her arm.

"Brent, I'm fine. Just leave me alone." He still ignored her protesting and managed to pull her to the nurse's.

"Twice in two days, huh?" The nurse said, putting a cold cloth to Senia's wrist.

"I soppose." Senia said, getting quite anoyed with the whole thought of Brent being nice to for once.

"It's sprained for sure, can you last through the rest of the day?" The nurse said, putting a makeshift sling over Senia's shoulder, and carefully tucking her sore arm in.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Senia said, and started to get up.

"Make sure you get it checked after school," The nurse said, and waved Senia off.

To Senia's suprise again, Brent sat in the chair right outside of the office, waiting for her.

"I can drive you after school, if you want." He said. Senia huffed and rolled her eyes.

"No, I don't. And what's your deal?" She asked, very irritated at this point.

"What do you mean 'what's your deal'?" He asked, confused.

"I mean, why are you all of a sudden being courteous?"

"Courteous?"

"Nice."

"Change of heart?" He suggested.

"Yeah right." She answered.

"Is it really that far fetched?"

"What do you think?" He hesitated for a second and then answered.

"I'm sorry for how I've treated you in the past. I know that isn't enough, but if you give me the time and place to make things right, I will." He said, and got up off of the chair.

A smile almost crossed Senia's face, she wasn't sure how this was possible, but it seemed that Brent Conners was truly sincere about this. 

"So is that a yes to me driving you to the doctors then?" He asked, with a wide smile on his face.

"Maybe," She said, and they walked off to class. For the first time ever, she felt the day wasn't going to go so bad.