OddBall-Chapter 2 Part 2

Senia didn't have the courage to go back outside, she also didn't have the courage to sneak into the girls washroom. Her heart was beating faster than a race car. But she did it anyways.

The washroom was just as cold as anyother place in the school, to make it worse it smelled like cheap perfume, and there were lipstick stains everywhere her green eyes met.

Senia took a paper towel and wet it with cold water, then dabbed the banana stain with it. After she had gotten the banana stain off of her shorts she found her eyes looking up into the mirror to meet a sad face.

She didn't want to walk back out of the washroom.

She didn't want to face Brent.

She didn't want to deal with all the hurt.

She didn't want to deal with anything, let alone herself. All she wanted to do was run back home and lay down in her bed and sulk. But then again she wanted to do that everyday.

Senia tore her gaze away from the mirror and onto one perticular stall, she didn't seem quiet baffeld by what it said: Senia sucks!

Just so the day could humiliate her further, the bell rung loudly threw the speakers beside the washroom door. For good measures she stayed in the batheroom for a minute or two until everyone had gone.

Then walked out into the halls and hobbeld over to her locker.

Senia peered to each of her sides before quickly putting in her combo for the green lock, there were only a few people wandering the halls, each one of them heading towards a class. She was late.

Grabbing her books she slammed her locker door, and pushed down the lock.

Senia turned around and her books were yanked out of her hands.

"Give them back," She whispered to Brent, looking down at her feet.

"What did you say?!?" He prompted.

She paused for a second. "I said..."

"Huh?" He asked, she lifted her head and stared into his blue eyes.

"I said give me them back." She said loudly into his face. He looked down onto her with such a sullen expression, then his lips curled up and he started to laugh.

" Okay... I'll give them back..." He said bettween fits of laughter. Brent passed my books back to Josh, one of his stupid gang members. "Why don't you give this nice lady back her books, Josh?" He told Josh and turned his gaze back towards me.

"Gladly," Josh said and tossed her books over his shoulder, laughing.

"Look, there back," Brent said in mock happiness.

She shifted her gaze onto the floor, embarassed by how she let Brent toy around with her. She wasn't a toy, but sometimes she made her self seem and feel that way. In some ways, she was still a little girl that didn't know how to express her feelings. One that hid from danger, even though the danger couldn't do much more than it already did. Like Brent.

Senia looked up into his eyes, and smirked.

"Ouch!!!" He yelped when she stopped on his foot, her heel digging into his sneaker.

When he stopped cringing he looked back up to her and smiled, "Is that all you can do, sweetheart?" He said.

"Yep." She said and walked away from him.

*

"Your late, Ms.Williams." Her math teacher, Mrs.Moore, said when Senia walked threw the door. She had her specticles dangling of the tip of her nose, and her short white hair hanging above her ears while marking papers.

Senia had always done well in school. She got straight A's every semester, but all the teachers hated her. Since she first came to Lacner Highschool they despised her, she had figured out that why they hated her was because she was always late. Because of Brent, but she couldn't just tell them that now.

Brent was always late too, but who could give detention to the star of the football team?

"Detention, after school." Mrs.Moore said threw her teeth, that were most likely fake.

She was about to argue before Mrs.Moore said, "Seat, now." And waved her off. She sat in the very back row. And made up for the time she lost during the start of the period, like she always did.