Chapter Thirty - Go Tell Elena Then

Comincia dall'inizio

I picked up the dirty plates and began stacking them, one behind the other. Jeremy followed my actions, though avoiding coming into any contact with my skin. I thought him wise, and did the same to him. I didn't want to make things any more awkward than they already were.

When we were finished, Stefan offered us both another drink, though I turned down the offer. I mean, yes, I wanted more alcohol, but the throbbing in my head was enough to make me forget my cravings and focus on more important things, like completely avoiding any physical contact with Jeremy in case either of us became provoked to do something completely stupid and reckless.

I decided to head back upstairs, as I was regulargly receiving bitter glares from Caroline, who definitely wasn't too pleased with me. The bitch probably had her head stuck up her arse again, and I wasn't going to be the one to assist her in pulling it back out.

Once upstairs, I stripped naked and hopped in the shower. I shivered as the boiling water trickled down my back and formed droplets on the tips of my hair. It was easy to become lost in the heat, so I gave myself to it willingly.

"Well well well," a soft voice smirked. "So this is your way of escaping? You seriously need a shower? You and I had one this morning. Remember?"

"Yes, Damon," I replied, keeping my eyes tightly shut. "And it's not hard to become tired of the little charade going on down there."

"Oh, I know how you feel," he muttered, humour dripping from his voice. "It does seem a little fake, doesn't it?"

"That's an understatement," I claimed.

"Too right it is," he agreed, then went on to changing the topic. "What happened between you and Jeremy?"

I froze, my arms stiff by my sides. This was what I had been trying to avoid all day. A confrontation with Damon. That's just what I was in need of.

"Nothing went on," I lied.

"And you're sure about that?"

"As sure as I can be."

"Okay then. I believe you."

And just like that I was able to move again. Damon believed me. Or he was saying that he believed me. Either way, it was better than being interrogated for one stupid kiss that wasn't even supposed to happen. I mean, you don't exactly plan to make out with your boyfriend's brother's girlfriend's brother.

But it was still one stupid kiss that could have ruined everything.

"Are you done yet?" Damon sighed.

"Nearly," I shrugged, squeezing the remaining shampoo out of my hair.

"We really need to get downstairs. Saint Stefan will be up here in a minute, and I have a feeling that you really don't want him to see you naked."

I laughed. "Right. You mean, you're the overprotective boyfriend who doesn't want his brother seeing his girlfriend naked because you're scared your brother will start hooking up with your girlfriend, and as you're brother is the hotter, more superior choice, your girlfriend will willingly fuck him."

"Are you trying to tell me something?" Damon took a few steps towards me, the water from the shower instantly soaking through his shirt. The hair hanging over his eyes was now stuck to his forehead. A broad smirk spread across his face. 

"Get out!" I shrieked. "Go on! Fuck off!"

"Make me," he snarled mischievously. And then he was on me.

His hands pressed agianst my chest vigorously, knocking me to the stone floor below. My head smashed against the tiles, but Damon's lips crushing mine distracted me from the pain. He pinned my arms to the floor and straddled me. Water was pouring endlessly onto my face, and I felt like someone was trying to violently drown me.

"Damon, not now," I groaned, pushing his tongue out of my mouth. "Please, not now."

"Why not?" he whined.

"Because we have company downstairs."

"Fuck them."

He tried to enter my mouth again, but I sealed my lips shut, pressing them into a tight, unbreakable line. The tip of Damon's tongue was tracing the outline of my upper lip. I slowly removed his grip on my arms and focused on getting him off me.

With all of the strength I could gather, I shoved him hard, resulting in his startled torso flying across the room and smashing against the wall. He ended up in a distraught heap on the floor.

"What the-?"

Stefan came running into the room, cringing when he saw Damon laying almost unconscious. Then he turned to me and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Lizzie," he said through clenched teeth. "What are you doing?"

"Showering?" I offered.

"Looks like it," he grunted. "Get yourself dried, then get back downstairs. Sort Damon out while you're at it. I don't know what went on, and I don't care. Once the pair of you are sorted out, let me know."

Then he left. Just like that.

I jumped up, turned off the shower and wrapped the nearest towel around myself. Once I'd shaken most of the water from my hair, I approached Damon apprehensively. Once I was sure that he was actually unconscious and wasn't going to kill me, I bent down and slapped him across the face.

"That's what you get for trying to rape me," I muttered in his ear.

"It wasn't rape," Damon protested, his voice barely a whisper.

"Then what was it? You forced yourself on me and tried to fuck me, when you knew I wasn't in the mood to do any of that right now."

"Yes, you were."

"Okay, so maybe I was, and I still am, but that doesn't mean you have the right to just force yourself upon me!"

"I apologise," he smiled sincerely, getting up. I didn't mean to harm you."

"I accept your apology," I gave in after a moment of hesitation. "But, next time, leave the sex until later. When we're alone."

"Yes, ma'am."