"Don't think that I'm unaware of the thing going on between you and the IT head." I wanted to slap him, but he was my boss and I liked my job.

"Harry, I can assure you, there is nothing going on." I held my hands up defensively. "Is that so? Then why did he call and request for one?"

I felt my cheeks burning. Not with embarrassment, but anger. Yes, he can be a bit arrogant, and overly friendly, but this rubbed me the wrong way.

"I refuse to sign this." I bit back shoving the paper calmly back into his hands. "There is no reason for it." I stood to my feet and turned on my heel leaving the office.

***

My bedroom apartment was small and cozy. I stared at my bookshelf as I drifted in and out of consciousness. It was only nine, but something in my head said it felt like two A.M.

Ironically enough my shelves were lined and tightly packed with romance novels. Something as cliche as the Notebook, to Shakespeare's greatest love stories.

For someone who hated romance as much as I did, I sure was a sucker for everyone else having it.

I thought about how angry I was at Louis for putting in a request for a consensual romance in the workplace file. I thought about how he didn't even mention it to me at all.

My phone buzzed, and I jumped groaning as I reached over to my nightstand.

Louis: "Soooo how was work today? Did you miss me?"

I squeezed my eyes shut. Okay Liv, take a deep breath, don't bite his head off, you have a date tomorrow.

I felt my stomach churn at the thought. A date, an actual date. I don't know why I was so worked up, like I admitted to Cails, I had been on hundreds after Zayn.

But Louis thinks he has a chance, and the more time I spend with him the more I am afraid that I'll give him one.

"Ha. Ha. good one."

I hoped he could sense the sarcasm in my text tone. Even if he did he probably would ignore it like he usually does.

Louis: "Now Olivia, I am a man who appreciates a good bit of sarcasm, but you love, are so bitter."

Now I was twice as angry at him as I was before we even messaged. Before I could think of a response he had texted again.

Louis: "I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous for our date, haven't been on one since Holly."

I felt my heartstrings being tugged a little. Should I be annoyed that he brought her up? "Beware of the men who bring up their exes." My writer mind pieced together.

In actuality I was kind of relieved. It isn't like he was trying to hide it from me, he was just being honest. Something I was definitely not doing with him.

"Eh, don't be nervous it's just a date that you wore me down on." I smirked as I typed this response.

Louis: " Feisty. ;) " I rolled my eyes thinking of a response, but instead I hit the call button.

"Olivia hello!" His voice was perky and raspy all at once. "We have something to discuss." I kept my tone neutral.

"Don't worry I've got the entire date planned, I'm sure you will com—"No Louis the stupid Workplace romance agreement." I spit in annoyance.

"Pardon?" He sounded genuinely confused. I told him about my meeting with Harry today making sure to ensure that I was highly annoyed.

"I put in a request, I didn't ask him to print it out and get you to sign it, I'm not a creep." He defended himself. "Why did you even put in a request in the first place!" I yelled.