Chapter 13

Kasumi

As Saturday approaches, the days before it seemed to move faster and faster. I mean, does that not happen? When you dread for a day to come, it somehow comes faster than you expect but, when a day you're excited for, the days before it seem to be slow.

I woke up at 12pm on Saturday. Well, more like my uncle forcing me to wake up. He was nudging me, but like my usual self, I just ignored him... until he pulled me out of my bed and dragged me to the toilet and forced me to get ready and help him in the kitchen!! Well, that was a little exaggerated but you get my point, right?

So, when I finished getting ready, I went to the kitchen and helped my uncle prepare the food for tonight's dinner. We're having a side of pickled vegetables, shrimp tempura, miso soup, tonkatsu (pork cutlets) with plain rice. It wasn't much plus it wasn't such an extravagant event.

While I took off the shells of the prawn, he started lecturing me that I need to act more 'lady-like' and less 'lazy. He also lectured me on how I should behave in front of Grandma Aya and Grandpa Hiro and also how I should control my anger and hatred towards Deidara. All I know is that we need to look presentable for tonight's dinner for Grandma Aya and Grandpa Hiro. They were going to be here for dinner at 7pm. 

"Damn... he's treating me as though I'm some rebel." I thought to myself as I made the batter for the tempura.

"Ah, and your parents sent you a mail again." Uncle Kakashi says.

Again?!

"Why can't they leave me alone?" I sighed as I dipped the prawn into the batter.

"They're your parents. They have every right to bother you." he says.

"But, they don't bother to raise me." I muttered.

I frying the tempura. After a few minutes, I was done. My uncle told me to get ready as they're going to arrive in two hours. 

"So, all those prepping in the kitchen took five hours?! It was probably super long because Uncle kept talking and talking..." I thought to myself as I sauntered into my room.

As I lay in bed and thought about what to wear, I heard my phone vibrate. It was a text message from Hidan. It says;

The dinner's tonight, huh ? I wish you luck! Hope you have a fucking fuuuuunnnn time ~ ;)

"Does he not have anything to do?" I sweatdropped.

I replied;

Thanks for being concerned... though, it's not needed, asshole. The dinner's with my uncle and his grandparents too, okay. 

I got up and threw my phone onto the bed. I walked over and looked into my closet for something presentable to wear. 

"Damn it... what the hell is presentable to wear for a dinner... in your own house?!" I muttered to myself.

After minutes of searching something presentable and neat looking to wear, I found a lolita outfit. I didn't even know it was in my closet till now.

"Mother must have bought it for me a few years ago." I thought to myself as I inspected the dress.

It was a three piece dress but when it's fit together, it looks as though it's one piece. The first piece is a white short sleeve button shirt with the vertical lines pattern going down (lawl idk what it is even though it's on my uniform. I'll post a pic of it.) while the sleeve was a little bit puffed but not a lot. The second piece was a black layered skirt that puffed out a bit. It stopped just above my knee caps. Finally, the third piece was a black corset vest. Maybe, I'll wear a pair of black socks that stops just below the knee. All together, I think it looks presentable. Don't get me wrong, I have clothing that IS presentable but they don't seem presentable enough for a dinner, which Uncle Kakashi and I have to look good at, because we don't want Grandma Aya and Grandpa Hiro to think that I turned into a mess.