Chapter Thirty Eight

"H-Hello?" I spoke into my phone that my hand failed to have a proper grip on. Despite it being an average room temperature in the hall, I felt cold. I began to wonder if the past 'events' were all somewhat true. Was Kenny-I mean, Is Kenny a bad guy? Is his dad really after Sam? If he does exist that is. You know those moments when you have less than a few seconds to make up your mind about something? When everything around you freezes and all you can do is think of a rational answer but there's nothing. There's no way out of things. It's like a maze formed by the curves of your brain that you have to go through without a map or anything to guide you but yourself and time.

"Babe..are you there? Hello? Did you hear what I said?" The voice at the end of the line spoke and threw me out of the maze.

"Have to go." I spoke coldly and hung up. If I were to have a decent conversation with Kenny, I'd first have to understand what is going on and what happened.

I walked to the girl's bathroom and washed my face to try and freshen up my mood. It didn't work. If anything, all it did was smear my mascara. I looked like how I felt inside; sad and confused. Like those 'emos' on myspace during the early 2009.

I let out a heavy sigh. "Fuck everything." I said to myself.

"Yeah." I heard a voice behind me say. I jumped at the sound of the familiar voice. Tatiana.

"Sorry if I scared you." She said shyly. There was something very different about her. She wasn't her usual, over confident self. That is, if she existed like that in the first place after all.

"It's fine. Hey, what's your name if you don't mind me asking?" I asked politely.

"Tatiana." She simply stated what I had already known.

"Can I have your number? You know...I'm new here and it'd be nice to have a friend. That is ofcourse, if you won't mind." I said, extending my arm out to hand her my phone.

"Sure." She said shyly and slowly typed in her number. "Here." She said, returning the device.

"Thanks, I'll see you around." I said to her with a smile.

"Yeah...sure." She said hesitantly and walked out of the girl's bathroom.

Putting my phone on silent mode, I made my way towards my next class, Chemistry.