Sebastian left out the fact the he now knows to whom those words should've belong to. The silence that Ciel responded was truly gnawing him inside, still he kept his composure to further explain himself all the while cutting the distance between them little by little.

"But now, I do not care if you return my love or not. I just want you back in my despicable life. I knew that I already burned down the chance you have bestowed upon me, and I never would intend to ask you of another. All I ask is for you to believe these words..." As his chest further contracts from the anguish of his mistake, he felt that familiar dampness fanning over his lashes, something he never was familiar with over centuries after centuries of existing. Not trusting his own legs to keep him sturdy, the demon finally closed in the gap separating him from the young bluenette. Arms once again enveloping the earl's small and trembling form.

"Loving you was never my curse, losing you will be.. I would trade a lifetime just for another moment with you. But if this is what I ought to pay for hurting you, then I'd be willing to accept damnation. So long as you keep in mind that you truly did and always will own my love. And that I never regretted ever meeting you, being with you and especially falling in love with you.." Words of such intensity and sincerity never had left his usually sinful and lying lips. The demon meant every word he said, just like how he meant it when he told the boy his love.

"Is that all of it? I still have a ball to host." Ciel muttered, willing up all strength not to break down in front of the demon. He wanted to throw his arms around his neck once more, feel the warm breath against his cheek, to finally feel those lips pressed against his own, and to say those three words he had been dying to say over and over again. But he was hurt.. Pain beyond any physical he had recieved, hurt by the only light illuminating his dark abyss of a life.

Sebastian hummed in approval, loosen his embrace and watched the love of his life leave through the wooden oak doors. He had practically heard his phantom heart shatter as the doors clicked, felt himself tremble and chuckled bitterly as the foreign liquid form of regrets, anguish and immense pain finally cascaded down his face. Who knew a high and powerful creature such as himself would shed pathetic mundane tears over a mortal? But he do not care of it one bit, for all of his being was entirely centered upon the pain of realizing that he had certainly lost the one thing he ultimately desired in his long life..

Ciel's love...

***

Hours passed like decades, evening finally reached the point of end. The humble host of such grandeur gathering was about to leave his final words to the guests, holding a pristine glass of expensive white wine in hand.

Sebastian never thought he could feel any more lifeless than being a soulless creature from hell. But as he currently stood through the shadows of the manor, staring blankly at the beautiful boy standing atop the grand staircase of the Phantomhive manor, previously dancing fondly with his lovely bethroted; he knew he truly was wrong. He never felt so hollowed out, as if he was scooped up inside out.

"I wanted to thank you all for coming and celebrating with me and all of us, in behalf of Funtom." The proud booming voice started.

"Truly do I wish that you have enjoyed yourself so much did I, and certainly, it pains me to be the one having to put an end to such occassion." A loud groan of dismay came from the crowd, clearly missing the feigned act from the earl.

"But before completely dismissing you lot this evening, I would like for you to lend me an ear in place of a sudden announcement. It's all about my betrothal with the lovely daughter of the Marquee and Marchioness Midford, my dear Elizabeth." Eyes of crimson widen, palms balling in a tight fist as he anticipated what his young master would say next.

"You are all aware that we are to be married when I fully reach the age of 18. But apparently there had been some slight change of schedule for the wedding." Ciel smirked, aware of the garnet orbs piercing his soul from a distance, making sure to look anywhere but there.

"Elizabeth and I talked about it a little less than a while ago. Mutually deciding to alter the date of the wedding itself. I'm pretty sure you lot are aware of how I love her, do you not? I love Lizzy, and she very well knows that." Ciel flashed a soft smile towards the female, unaware that Sebastian's palms were bleeding, so was his lips. Fangs and claws involuntarily sprouting as he attempted to overwhelm the pain inside his chest, with no such luck.. His love was marrying someone else.. Surely no pain could ever compete with that.. He's pathetically in love, that was indeed true. But he certainly would not stand by and listen to the earl as he announce tying knot with another. Sebastian faced back, about to take his leave when he again heard his master's lovely voice boom across the manor.

"I love Elizabeth.." Ciel repeated, as if to play with the demon's shattered heart.

"But... Not in a way that you think of it.. I love her, just like I would if I was born with a sister..." Faster than anyone could ever blink, the demon rushed back to his previous place. Eyes wide and chest booming with hope and anticipation.

"She truly is precious to me. But in the most platonic of ways. That is why we changed the date of the wedding to 'never', instead of when I turn 18." Ciel's voice was full of humor, full of life, and full of joy as he dwelled with the sight of his butler's eyes almost popping out of his sockets, shimmering with uttermost longing.

"Someone else already owns my stubborn heart. And I reckon it would be near impossible for me to get it back... Not that I want to, truthfully. It is bound to be with that person from the very beginning... So basically, I just wanted to say that expect no marriage between Elizabeth and I.. That's all. Have a great evening, all of you." The young earl finished, earning a mixture of confused and enthusiastic applause from the roaring crowd. After moments of rapid blinking and heart pounding, Sebastian finally was graced with his master's gaze. Blue locking with crimsons as the side of the earl's lips quirk up into a playful smirk, one that the demon ever so loved..

---

A/N: I'm feeling quite lazy to put a note but the 4k+ views needed a proper thanks so here it goes: Thank you for the constant support, my lovely dears! Hope you enjoyed this week's update, and keep letting me in to those thoughts, m'kay? ^-^ ♡