Chapter Eleven Charley

The pain in my side hurt worse than any fall I'd ever taken. Everyone crowded around me as I lay across the seats. Everyone except Christina and Blake.

I try to speak but the only thing that comes out of my mouth is a pain filled groan.

"Shhhh, stay still. Don't try to speak" Sophia's soothing voice calms me. "Just  rest. We don't have any pain killers so this will hurt" I felt a hand pull my shirt up to show where the bullet was.

All I could do was scream in pain as a felt a pair of tweezers dig into the hole and pull out the bullet. A needle pierced the skin around the hole, stitching it closed. Sophia bandaged the fresh scar while some of the others patted a damp cloth over my forehead. I still couldn't see Christina. My vision was hazy and blurry as my headache intensified causing me to fall unconscious.

When I awoke the first thing that came to my mind was Christina. I jolted up, feeling the pain of the scar. "Where's Christina?" I asked loudly. A few people looked around realising they hadn't seen her lately either. The morning sun shone through the windows, shining in my eye.

"We can't fine Christina or Blake. They're both missing" Sophia added.

"They left" all eyes were on Rusty. He was leant against the wall in the shadows "that's why you haven't seen them lately. I saw them sneak out."

"No. They wouldn't. They'd never leave us behind" my breathing increased.

"Well they did. I overheard them say how the group was dragging them behind and that you'd all be safer with me" Rusty walked into the light of a window. "Face it kid. They left you. You and the rest of the group to face reality by yourselves for their own selfish reasons."

So many mixed emotions were going through my head but the only thing I was positive about was that I hated Christina and Blake. They left us.

I say there for a few hours overthinking. The longer I thought, the more I hated Christina and Blake.

Every one suddenly all started heading toward the door saying something about another group and Christina and Blake.

As. I got to the door, sick of not knowing what all the fuss was about I saw a group of girls plus Christina and Blake.

"RUSTY!" The middle woman with short black hair yelled. "ITS TIME TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE OF OUR GOOD OLD HEART TO HEART CHATS!"

Rusty pushed past the crowd loitering in the doorway "Anne? What? Why are you here?"

there was a few moments of silence before this Anne spoke up. "Hello Rusty, my dear . . . Husband."