4

it's wasn't drew's plan to ignore riley. he didn't wake up in the morning and just say hey i'm gonna ignore riley matthews today but he had no intentions on being the first to start a conversation if or when they crossed paths. after he stormed out yesterday he wasn't sure what she thought of him.

once his sister and father came home he had to make a bogus excuse to why he left so early. which they bought.
if drew remembered carefully it was something along the lines of he forgot he had homework to do, which wasn't exactly a lie. he did have homework but it wasn't the reason for his leaving.

he just hoped riley forgot about everything that took place yesterday.

<*>*<*>
riley stood at her locker, with a far away gaze and her bestfriend close beside her. as students passed she couldn't help but to search the small crowds for his face. but there was no use.

"spill" maya commanded. since the two made it to the school hallways she could tell riley was holding something in and it was slowly eating her alive.

at her best friends words riley let out a loud sigh of relief. she was waiting for that word so she could explain everything that took place last night.

"...and then after that he just runaway." she frowned, remembering the broken look upon his face. what made her feel even worse was that she was to blame for that face. "he must be hiding something then" maya shrugged as if it was the simplest thing ever.

"well we have to find out what it is maya!"

"no,no,nooo we don't matthews
and you wanna know why we won't do anything about this?"

"why not, i want to know, i need to know!!"

"because it's none of our business"

taking in maya's words, riley realized she was right. she had no right to bombard in somone's life and demand answers, no matter how bad the urge.

"you know what peaches, i think you're right."

"really?" maya asked completely shocked. "awesome!"

as the two friends started discussing a new topic lucas friar happened to join in making riley quickly forget about her before problems and get lost by looking in the blonds eyes. not maya.. the other blond.

"does anybody know where farkle is?" lucas asked. farkle was always there early to join in on the groups early locker conversating so it was strange that he wasn't there this morning.

"no idea" riley commented, finally realizing he wasn't here.

"look he's rights there!" maya chirped

"farkle?" lucas asked, spinning around to follow maya's finger.

"what? no freckles" she smirked.

finally falling out of her small trans from friar's captivating eyes she turned around and indeed saw the boy maya felt obligated to call freckles.

riley wasn't sure what was running through her head at the moment but she found herself breaking away from her group of friends and walking towards him. as she approached, drew took in her presence, his body slightly tensed.

although drew hadn't known riley for that long he expected her to bring lastnight's events back up. but he didn't plan for it to be so soon. he hoped he could atleast try to fake a stomach ache and go home early.

inhaling a large amount of air riley jumped right to the point, without much of a stop.

"i'm really sorry. i promised maya i wouldn't do anything... and this is me not doing anything, but whenever you're ready, I'm here"

with that riley walked away leaving drew in a confused mess.