Of course it was Randy who spilled the beans about the boyfriend.

"How could I forget him?" I muttered. "You know, you can't believe everything that loser says."

"Don't be like that. He's a good guy."

I scowled.

And of course my brother's thought highly of Randy. At least well enough to scold me whenever I tried to make fun of the wannabe. I didn't blame them, though. If someone dedicated their high school life to making mine better, annoying or not, why would I hate them?

"Don't be truthful?" I said. "Seriously, what did he say?"

"You got a boyfriend."

It wasn't even a question. I didn't even get the benefit of the doubt! So what if it was true? They didn't know that yet. They fully believed Randy over me.

"Uh..."

"Who is he?" Second brother, Keith, finally spoke.

"Who's who?"

"Kody."

"What?" I got defensive, words shot out from my mouth before I was even sure they were true. "He's nice. He really is. I think you'll like him."

Keith scoffed. "I'm sure we will."

"He plays football," I tried again and was quite satisfied with myself. My brothers loved football. "He's a really good quarterback. You guys have a lot in common."

"No, no," Kain said. "He can't be the quarterback. The quarterback is that kid that you didn't get along with. Austin, right? That guy is the quarterback and from what I've seen over the years, there's no way you two are dating."

"No, he is a quarterback. From another school."

"What school?"

I felt all my insides sink all the way down to my stomach as I realized my mistake. Maybe I should've kept football out of this.

"I can't remember."

"What to you mean you can't remember?"

"You guys are making me nervous. It's not my fault!"

Because that was how you did it. Be dramatic and make them feel guilty. They wouldn't suspect a thing.

"Wait, someone just sent me a link to his Facebook profile."

Unless they had Wi-Fi and a computer nearby.

"Randy," I whispered angrily.

I couldn't believe this. Actually, I could. My boyfriend had stalkers and they weren't the boy crazy, head over heels, teenage girl type. They were my brothers.

"Hey, I think I know this guy."

I considered putting the phone down before things went out of hand.

I tried to remember all of the pictures that I had gone through the last time I viewed his profile. Maybe my brothers wouldn't figure it out.

Then everything went silent.

"Uh, guys? Are you still there? Hello?"

Now I could definitely imagine that one picture deal breaker. It was a picture of him in his green Eastmoor jersey.

Oh boy.

"Kody..."

I ran to the living room where my dad was seated, watching TV and handed him my phone. "Dad, the boys want to talk to you."