interception

Let's just say that the date Blake Richardson took me on wasn't exactly a dream come true but it was good enough. I guess it wouldn't be any ones dream date to be flaunted around like a toy or a brand new car but it wasn't like it actually bothered me enough to make me leave in the middle of the date. After all, I hadn't had a lot of dates to compare this one to.

With a date like this, it was no longer a mystery to me why the most drool worthy boy of Eastmoor couldn't keep a steady girlfriend.

A normal, cliché date with the movie and the dinner would've been more than okay. Sure, I didn't expect the perfect little rich boy who was still living on his parents' money to take me to a fancy restaurant but the fact that Blake couldn't go through with this without his friends with us just meant that he wasn't ready for an actual relationship.

He had his hand on my back or his arms around my shoulders the whole time as if we were a legitimate couple but aside him constantly checking if I was okay, we didn't get the chance to get to know each other like people on dates were supposed to.

The boys were natural born flirts who obviously didn't know the meaning of personal space, which was no wonder why they were friends with Blake and with the way they looked at me, it was obvious why Blake wanted me here to show off to them.

The girls on the other hand, were the feisty, rich, popular type. I'm sure they must've been nice but for some reason, they felt the need to intimidate me– though they didn't, not even a bit– and they looked like they'd throw me under a bus if they could without risking Blake's wrath and their ticket to their popularity.

There were three of them, Stacey, Brit and Amanda, and they didn't like me. I knew this for sure when I'd over heard them calling me Northwood trash. I was tempted to throw the insult back at them but I didn't want to make them right.

"Babe," Blake nudged me. The way he used the term of endearment made me cringe. It flowed so easily passed his lips, which made me sure he used it on all the girls.

"Mhmm?"

He cocked his head towards his blonde, player looking friend. "Colton is trying to ask you something."

"Sorry," I said. "I was just thinking about something. What was the question?"

"Pretty thing like you, how do you not have a boyfriend and how did you get stuck with our boy, Blake?"

What a flirt, I thought.

"My brother's are kind of intimidating," I said. "No one has ever really had the guts to ask me out."

"I'll have you know that if Blake didn't get to you first, I would've gladly asked you." I barely wanted to say yes to Blake, what made this Colton playboy dude think that I was going to even consider saying yes to him.

"That's good to know," I muttered.

"And I've met one of your brothers," he continued. "He really isn't that bad."

My brother's weren't that bad, they were just intimidating and they came in a group that no one wanted to mess with. The boys were cool when they wanted to be but they were also intense to the point of making the unlucky boys who chose to make a move on me pee their pants.

My brother's came in and out of places like a pack of wolves and that was what just made family more important. But instead of beating up and ruining Austin's life for ruining mine, they picked on the boys who showed any interest in their little sister and they were protecting me from the wrong things.

"You're not talking about my little brother by any chance?"

Colton laughed. "Your brother's cool."