Chapter eightteen

Chapter 18-

This chapter is explosive

Katie's POV

Even though Auggie hadent had enough time to prop me up on my feet my whole body still felt heavy. My feet and ankles were off the end of the mattress tied together with a chain that weighed more than I did. My legs were laid out straight which allowed me to really feel the weight of the chain in my ankles.

My head kept bobbing every time Auggie moved, it felt heavy and clouded I couldn't remember but I thought I had been drugged again. I could hear Olivia and Auggie exchanging words but I was still bleeding and everything was muffled until I felt Auggie cock the gun against my head and I heard a single gun shot but it wasn't Auggie's it was Liv's, I fell out of Auggie's clutch and I got a sharp pain in my leg.

Olivia's POV

"AUGGIE HENDERSON I ASK YOU TO SURRENDER YOURSELF TO THE NYPD" I yelled tears threatening to spill over. I couldn't help but to see Katie lay helplessly in his arms.

Before I knew it I had shot him, I stood stunned for a minute and realized I had heard two gun shots but I only fired one.

When I had shot Auggie he dropped his loaded gun and the shot fired and hit Katie's thigh.

Katie's POV

I started to shake violently until I felt Liv's presence over me, she was wrapping me in some blankets and I let her hold me, I was so cold.
"I got you now" she cooed "call a bus!" She yelled in the opposite direction to the rest of the unit. She slowly peeled back the blanked to reveal my wounds, "i is is he rreally gone?" I said struggling to get a look "shhh she said don't look at him, he's gone." Just then she started to take off her jacket and tie it around my leg, I felt pressure and the cool breeze from the cracks in the walls send chills over my body, I felt goosebumps rise on my skin. Liv pushed my hair out of my eyes and she got that look in her eyes the way she does when you know she's breaking inside when she smiles.

The paramedics arrived and Liv stood up and placed me onto the gurney, the sensation came back only stronger this time but I desperately wanted to keep my eyes on Liv, she was holding my hand when my chest tightened "mama" I murmured and it all went black. It was like I closed my eyes and I could see nothing and then I started to breathe really slowly, gasping.

Olivia's POV

"CLEAR" the paramedics yelled and Katie's body jolted. My hands were cupped one over my mouth and one on my forehead and I felt Amanda come to my side "shh shh" she said "you need to be strong for her you can't cry now Olivia" she said looking with her ocean blue eyes into mine.

The blonde paramedic announced "and she's back but we need to get the hospital ASAP" I followed them running to keep up. Then I jumped into the back of the ambulance and held onto Katie's hand the whole way there. Katie was in and out of consciousness, it was better when she was asleep, so she couldn't feel what was happening. She would also ask the same few questions every time she did manage to keep her eyes open. Hopefully she wouldn't remember this but I knew coping with the past weeks events would be the journey of a lifetime.

*hospital*

I let go of her hand once we got there because the doctors needed to work on her. After a few hours we were allowed to visit her, and from then on I never left her side.

*few days later*

Katie was pretty beaten up, she was in and out because of all the meds they were giving her for her infections and malnutrition. The worst parts of the days were when they had to redress her wounds, I always hoped she would be asleep for that because they had to clean each one.

The worst one was just above her right hip, one of those bastards had carved the word "mine" into her frail frame.

Ik this was a little short but now the story is moving... Thank you all for 2.7k views much love for all of you