Chapter thirteen

Chapter 13

Okay so I hope you like this I picked up writing again :)

Katie's POV

Amanda and I sat down on the far bed. She handed me one of those disposable coffee cups filled with cocoa, the scent of the warm chocolate beverage hit my nose as the steam rose out of the cup indicating it was too hot to drink so I held it in my lap with my hands wrapped around it absorbing its heat. I noticed only a small space heater in the dark room filled with perfectly made bunk beds. The room was quiet as Amanda got herself some coffee in one of her mugs she kept at the precinct. As she sat down the bed creaked a little and she smiled sipping her coffee, bringing her knees to her chest and leaning back onto the frame of cold metal.

"So" she said letting her lips come together to form a smile, "how was it?" She said looking at me now. "it it was fine" I said forcing a smile then quickly looking down at the swirling steam from the hot chocolate. Amanda tried to regain eye contact "how was lunch?" She asked, the thought sent chills down my spine and she picked up on it, "um uh great" I said quickly choking down the lump in my throat. I couldn't let her see me cry again I'm fourteen I told myself, I'm not a victim other people have it worse this is a petty teenage issue, besides I should have fought harder and what was I doing in the library alone I had what was coming for me, I caught her glancing over me "I im fine just tired, I should go" I said answering a question she hadn't asked then gesturing with my hand toward the door.

*2 hours later back at the apartment*

Liv and I had finished eating and I went to shower while Liv finished the dishes. I finished taking a long hot shower, I don't know what it is about showers, I use them to escape for a little while and just enjoy watching the water hit my body then run into the drain, it's cleansing.

I got out of the shower and dried off. The mirror was foggy so I wiped it off with my hand, I stood there a few minutes after I put on my bra and panties just looking over my body. My arms were still healing and had a few new scratches and bruises from Auggie's hands. I decided it would be best to wear long sleeves as they healed, I didn't want Olivia or Amanda to be mad. I sighed as I looked in the foggy mirror once again before i left the bathroom. I practiced the smile id give Olivia when we made eye contact, I still heard her in the kitchen. Low and behold I was right, after we met eyes I gave her a smile and headed down the hall to my room. Olivia came in after a while to say good night. She squeezed my arm "good night baby girl" I flinched a little and she caught on. "What happened Kate?" She asked her brown eyes wide "oh no nothing" I said trying to brush off the sudden attention. "Are you okay?" She asked starting to pull at my sleeves, making full eye contact now I said "yes" and picked her hand up from off my sleeve and held it while I met her gaze.

She gave me a kiss "goodnight moon snuggles" she said, I hadn't heard her call me that since I was about 3 or 4, she would say that if I got hurt or had a nightmare to comfort me. She claims it was because of the book we used to read, Goodnight Moon.

*time advances*

The next week at school was lonely, the only thing that kept me going was this one boy in my science class at the end of the day. I could never talk to him, I was definitely not going to chance him seeing my scars or bruises, I was broken and no one loves broken.

Over the next few weeks I became more hollow and the encounters with Auggie became more frequent. I slowly was becoming zombie like, just following the routine, giving the right people a smile so they wouldn't suspect anything. I was nothing but a broken shell that was taped together. Liv started to work late nights again to cope with the past events and I was slowly slipping back into my old habits, and no one knew. I barely saw Amanda and when I did I told myself to smile, I'm not worth the attention.

Okay so the next chapter will get interesting prepare yourself...