24 | His choice |

Zako woke in his room, he knows something is wrong there is no way that it was a dream and if it was how had he gotten here. He just stared across his room, he sat in silence for a while until he heard his door open. He turned to it but felt a sharp pain across his chest.

He looked down and saw the bandage wrapped around himself. He started doubting if it was even a dream now, he looked up for a second really didn't think too much of it as he saw two of his father's workers standing near his bed.

Rin, she used to be his mother's right hand butler but that was before she died. Rin still hasn't recovered much from that day but she is always happy to see Zako. The other is his father's main work force, Erikku, yeah he is one of the extremely busy ones. Usually he is found by his voice screaming down the hall for Rin or one of the others but Zako has gotten used to that, sometimes but very rarely you can find him in the study with Zako's father and he is quiet as a mouse.

Rin looked at Zako, she had this worried look on her face. She can't do anything with Erikku in the room though. Zako tries to sit up in his bed, even with the strong medicine the staff usually gives, he knows the damage is worse than it looks covered up.

Erikku watches the boy, he even can tell that Zako is still hurting. His father had made the hospital release him to them, as far as Erikku is concerned it was for the best.

"Young master your father has requested your presence in his study once you start feeling up to it. Rin, you will help him with anything that's needed."

He turned to her then went to leave. Rin didn't make any type of facial expression until Erikku left, she really is scared of him but Zako never blames her.

"Young master?"
"Rin, you know I don't like that title and he isn't here."

"Yes, Zako. It must hurt quite a bit."
"No, its fine. I'm built like father so it's not like I'm going to let it keep me down."

Zako went to stand like he was strong but he was instantly back on his bed, Rin laughing at him.

"Real funny Zako, you would have made your mother laugh too."

He looked down even he knows she would but he hasn't been here much since it happened. He spent most of his time at Mina's for this reason, ever since they moved back here its just been getting to him. His father was probably already trying to figure out how to get him down to visit mother's grave.

Zako hasn't been there in a few years, he has tried to be strong but he can't, he will always feel that pain. His father never blamed him but Zako hides the fact he blames himself. Every time he is alone he can only think about it, Rin had even saw her like that.

He had been crying back then but the look of horror on her face, scared him even worse. He was making himself mad, he hit his side table even before he realized he had.

Rin had notice he was getting mad and left, she knows his feeling on such a touchy subject. She shouldn't have said anything about it but so much of Zako is like his mother, she just let it slip. She went on through the house looking for any task to get him out of her mind. She entered his father's study, she was going to see if he needed her to do anything.

Instead she heard his voice, she actually thought he was talking to Erikku but when she walked to where he was, she already knew that wasn't the case.

"So Mina has been put on life support. I think its best he doesn't find out for a bit, he needs to worry about himself."

"I understand that if it gets bad that he will find out but until then he will be staying here."

Rin didn't know what he was trying to do, why does he want to hide this from Zako? He has nothing to gain from keeping that information from him, bad enough he kept the fact she was gone from him.