"This is odd. I can sense that you are indeed not a human. There is a.. Block on your mind stopping me from seeing more. This block is also repressing old memories."

"What do you mean? Why is there a block on her mind?" I asked, feeling confused.

"It was placed there by a wizard, actually."

"Why would a wizard block my memories?"

Xeanna looked just as confused as us. "I have no idea. Though I'm sure that the wizard in question could tell you why."

"How can we contact this wizard, how do we even find the right one?" Rose said, frowning.

"There is only one wizard who could make a memory block this powerful. His name is Adonis."

"Where can we find Adonis?" I demanded, wanting more answers.

"He lives deep in the swamps of Louisiana. I've never personally met him, but I've heard stories. You'll find his hut by finding trees in the shape of an arrow. That arrow will point out his residence."

"Thank you, Xeanna. How can we repay you for your help?" I questioned.

"If when you go you could acquire some swamp toads, that would be wonderful."

"We can do that. Thank you for your time. There will be a car waiting outside to take you to wherever you want to go." Rose and I stood up, about to leave the room.

"Anytime. Just one more thing though... Be careful. He's the most powerful wizard in the world, I don't know how keen he is on visitors."

I nodded at her, taking in her warning. Rose and I left the room, heading up into the kitchen. Rose sat down on a stool, looking frustrated.

"What's wrong Rose? Why do you look so frustrated?"

"I just... I hate knowing that all my life, I've only been aware of some of who I am. Who knows what that memory block is hiding. What if it's something bad, and it'll change what you think of me?" She put her head in her hands, sighing.

"No matter what happens and what you are, I'll always be here for you. Even if we are just friends..."

"Thank you... You're very kind." She stood up, heading over to me and stopping right in front of me.

"What are you doing?" My eyebrow raised at her actions.

She leaned forward, whispering softly in my ear. "I want to be more than friends." Before I could react, she stood on her tippy toes and pressed her lips against mine. The kiss was short, sweet, and innocent. Yet it left my wolf and I craving even more. Before she could completely pull away, I had my arms wrapped around her. I pulled her up against me and kissed her passionately. We stood there kissing for who knows how long. We only pulled away to catch a breath.

"Wow.. That was something else." She blushed, turning her face away from me.

My lips were still tingling from the sparks that were between us. "Where have you been all my life?"

She smiled softly. "Unfortunately not with you. If only you had swept me up in your arms when you first saw me..."

"She's right, idiot." Ryder growled in my head.

"Ryder agrees with you. I can't change the past though. All we can do is have an amazing future together."

"So.. What does this make us then?" She hummed, eyeing me.

"Well... How would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes! A thousand times YES!" She squealed hugging me as tight as she could.