Chapter 9

I slumped on the couch and dug my face into the palms of my hands. There was so much going on in my head, should I go with Winnie? Rebecca threw me off guard and shook me. "So are you going to go with him?" She asked, which bought me into thought again. "I don't even know, any word of Hazel?" I asked. "She said something about coming back this afternoon." I sighed and lept off the couch and headed to my room. "You should go with Winston." Rebecca said.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, you know, you and Winston have something special I guess and I think this whole tour thing would do good for you guys."

I took in what she said and thought about it. She was right, I mean forget what happened with Hazel, I could actually have a future with this guy.

*

That afternoon, Hazel didn't arrive. I decided not to bring it up, thinking it would change my final decision to come with Winnie or not. I took a deep breath before I tapped on Winston's name in my contacts. I brung the phone to my hear and after three rings, he answered. "I'm going with you." I said. He laughed on the other line, finally saying "That's amazing! Only took you what, a day?" He laughed once more and spoke more "Well, we're leaving tomorrow, and the arrangments shouldn't be that hard to make, so I'll see you, Mrs. Brooks, tomorrow morning at 12:00 A.M sharp." I smiled and said softly, "And I will see you Mr. Marshall tomorrow morning." The phone conversation ended a bit after that and I sprang up from my bed and swung the door open, Rebecca standing on the other side. "Oh I was just-" I interuppted her by half yelling what she already knew. "I'm leaving with Winston tomorrow!" Rebecca squealed and jumped on me, knocking me over in the hallway.

We spent the rest of that day helping me pack up for tomorrow, not getting one single call or text from Hazel. The next morning I woke about 7:00 A.M, Rebecca slept on the chair in my room. I shook her awake as I passed by the doorway, carrying out my bags. I called Winston and he assured me he has my plane ticket ready.

*

The next morning was hectic, Rebecca kept pressing me about how much clothes I should bring but other than that I was finally ready. She drove me to the airport as Win blew up my phone with text messages. We finally arrived at our destination and waited for Winston on a bench inside. "I'm sorry about Hazel." Rebecca said softly. I turned over to her and said "No worries, I mean I guess we know now that-" before I could say anything else, Hazel came running through the crows of people at the airport.

"What the actual fuck?!" She yelled, her hair was a mess, her make up was smudged and her jeans were tattered and stained. "For christ's sake Hazel where the hell have you been?!" Rebecca said in a much softer tone. "How about you shut it, 'Becca? Listen here you-you, slut! I thought we were friends but a guy you met only a few weeks ago is more important, eh?" People were starting to stare, and I was finally starting to realize that Hazel was actually right.

"Listen here you wanker about you get the fuck out and leave us alone? This is Melanie's choice so if she wants to leave with-" I then cut her off with a simple "She's right." They all looked at me like I was crazy.

"You're really going to listen to this mess?" Rebecca was as surprised as Hazel was. "I shouldn't be here, we should just go home and forget this ever happened." I dug my face into my hands and felt Hazel wrap her arms around me. "I'm just trying to protect you, Mel." She said. I took a deep breath and picked up all my stuff to take it back to the car. We sat in the car with nothing but silence until Rebecca finally said "Are you really sure about this Melanie?" I met her eyes in the rear view mirror and nodded yes. She started up the car, and right at that moment I saw Winston walk straight into the airport.