Chapter 4

My face turned red as we hurried into the parking lot of the restaurant. "Why would you do that?!" I half yelled at her. Almost all the color of her face faded and she looked like she was going to barf at  any second. I sighed and dragged her to the car. "I'm sorry-I just thought by the way you talked about him." She mumbled in the passengers seat. I started to engine and headed home. I helped Rebecca into the house and Hazel emerged from the hallway. "What happened?" She asked helping her to the couch. "Well we went and Winston was there with the rest of the guys and it turned out he's stuck here for another week because their bus broke down, so due to Rebecca I have a 'date' with Winston on Friday." I said. "That's great! I mean- isn't it?" Hazel grabbed the trash from the kitchen and put it in front of Rebecca in case she needed to throw up. "I mean it is, but I don't think I'm ready." Hazel looked up to me and stared, "Look, Melanie, he's a great guy just go on the damn date!" She sounded annoyed. "Fine." I stammered, the look between us broke when we heard Rebecca throw up into the can.

*

The next day I came to my work which was some small book store a few blocks away from where I lived. There I stocked bookcases and put away stray books. As I pulled a cart filled with books to stock them in the Non-Fiction area I heard a familar voice behind me. I turned around and it was Marcus. Why do I keep bumping into them? I kept an eye out but Louis, the guy who worked the front desk was too lazy to show him what Marcus was looking for so he just pointed to me so I could help. I turned around and waited for him to walk over. "Hey, the guy told me you can help me find a book." He said, I took a deep breath and turned around to face him. "What kind of book?" I said under my breath. "Oh hey! You're that girl Winston keeps talking about." Marcus said smiling. I blushed and said nothing.

He told me what he was looking for and as I led him to the bookcase I asked "So what brings you here?" "Eh, well we're here for another week so might as well get something to keep me busy." He answered. "Right here." I said smiling and handing him the book he was looking for. "Thanks a ton, Mel." I smiled at the fact that someone had gave me a little nick name. "Winston sure talks about you." He said as I rang him up at the counter. I looked up from scanning his item. "Oh, sure nice of him I guess." I said as I blushed like a total idiot. "I mean, you guys only met like what-two days ago? You must be really special." He said. My whole face turned red, "That'll be 8.99." He chuckled and handed me the money. "But, Winston really likes you, and by the way you blush at his name, I'm guessing you feel the same." I handed him his change awkwardly and smiled. "Have a nice day." He gave me a big grin as he dropped the change into the tip jar and walked off.

(AU: Sorry about this chapter being short!)