Chapter 5

Today was the day I was going to go out with Winston. He was going to pick me up in an hour and since Hazel obsessed that I look perfect for him, I was already ready. Finally after waiting the door bell rang, I walked over and opened it up. He looked about the same as the last time I saw him at Denny's, which made me feel a bit weird since I was sort of dressed up. "Hey Winston!" Hazel said way before I could. He smiled at her and looked over to me, giving me a confused look. "Ready to go?" He asked, I shook my head yes and he led me over to his car. Hazel shut the door right after left the front steps of the house. "Your friend, Hazel, she's a bit-" "Weird, insane?" I said finishing his sentence. 

"Exactly." He chuckled to himself. As he drove down my street and stopped at a stop sign he finally decided to share our plans about the evening. "Well I was thinking we could go to the London eye, if you haven't visited there before." "No, actually I haven't, isn't it that huge ferris wheel thing?" I asked looking over to him. He laughed at my air headed comment and said "Yes, it is indeed that huge ferris wheel thing." I playfully slapped his right arm and we soon made our way to the "huge ferris wheel thing."

The whole structure of the place took my breath away, it scared me of course since I was terrified of heights. He helped me out of the car like a true gentleman would and guided me to the front entrance of the London Eye. It was a huge private capsule that would soon take us to the top so we could see the whole city of London. I walked over to the railing and clutched it as soon as I felt the capsule start moving up. I'm guessing Winston saw the look on my face and laughed.

"Scared of heights?" He asked, walking over to me and putting his hands on the railing.

"A little bit." I said quitely, Winston then put his left hand over mine, which was shaking as we went up higher.

In under 20 minutes we had already made it to the top and I was afraid to peer down. "It's fine Melanie, it's actually quite beautiful!" He said, he put his hand on my back as I opened up my eyes and looked. It wasn't actually bad, I saw all the twinkling lights from the city down below, and after living here for 5 months, I've never seen it this way. Winston made it more comfortable, everytime he could tell I was nervous moving around in the capsule he would pat my back and tell me that everything was all right. After we left the London Eye we headed back to the car, as we drove off into the city, he said to me "One of my friends is going to be having a party tomorrow, you should come with me and the guys. You can even bring your room mates if you'd like." 

"Yeah, sure that would be great." I said, he reached his hand over to mine and held it as we drove into the city.