Chapter 11: Stucky

Steve winced slightly as he plunged his hands back into the hot, soapy water. Washing dishes was no fun. Steve had heard of a so called 'dishwasher' but he wasn't overly fond of the idea and so, tended to stick to dish washing by hand. It was 11:15 and the house was silent apart from the low mumble of the television coming from the other room. Steve looked out of the window, his apartment had a fantastic view of downtown Brooklyn, not too far from where he'd grown up. The city was very different to how he remembered it. Tall buildings stroked the skyline and trees scattered the ground like shells on a beach: existing but not plentiful. Children wouldn't play stick ball in the street anymore, they were all inside playing videogames. The cars were all high tech and, in Steve's opinion, drove way faster than they should. The streets were crowded and the sky grey but it was, and always had been Steve's home.

Suddenly, Steve jumped a little as two muscular arms snaked around his waist and a familiar face nuzzled into his neck.

"Morning Bucky." Steve said, picking up a tea towel and drying his hands.

"Morning." Bucky murmured, kissing Steve's neck.

Steve carefully took hold of Bucky's hands and freed himself from Bucky's grip.

"I was about to go and buy some milk, if you want to come." Steve said.

"Yeah, just let me put some pants on." Bucky replied and padded off down the hall, heading for the bedroom.

Steve left the kitchen and went over to the shoe rack by the door. He picked up a pair of tattered, old sneakers. White, with blue laces, well worn but not broken. He slipped his feet into them and felt his knee crack as he crouched down to tie the laces. Moments later, Bucky returned wearing one of Steve's shirts and an old pair of jeans.

The couple left the apartment and began walking down to the store. Bucky lazily cast his arm around Steve's waist and Steve slid his hand into Bucky's back pocket, sending a shiver down Bucky's spine. They got looks wherever they went, occasionally people would ask for autographs but on this particular morning, they were left alone to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the morning.

Despite the fact the streets were crowded, it felt to Steve that there was nobody else in the world except himself and Bucky. It was like time had slowed down all around them, like they were in there own little universe. Steve felt Bucky's head lean on his shoulder as they walked side by side down the sidewalk.

Eventually though, their little paradise had to end as they reached the store. Steve headed in to buy the milk. Bucky waited outside watching people who went past. Suddenly Bucky heard noise from further up the street. He turned to see a teenager, about fifteen, small for his age, with blond hair and blue eyes racing up the street. Not far behind him was a much bigger, more muscular boy shouting at him:

"OI! Come here you little squirt. Just wait until I catch ya. I'm gonna beat the shit outta ya and then you'll going crying to mama like the little pussy you are!"

Bucky couldn't stand for this and as the older boy ran past he grabbed his shoulder and turned the boy to face him.

"Hey. Why don't you pick on someone your own size." He grunted and hit the boy across the face, breaking his nose and sending him running back in the direction he came from.

Soon after that Steve came out of the store and on the journey home he told Bucky how the shop attendant had been a young lad, no older than 17, who got very overexcited when he had walked in.

When they arrived home, Steve went to put the milk in the fridge, when he returned to the sitting room he found Bucky leant against the couch, smirking slightly. Steve slowly walked over and put his hands on Bucky's waist as Bucky held Steve's face and gently pulled him into a kiss.

Steve closed his eyes and kissed back, soon he felt Bucky's tongue lick his bottom lip, asking for entrance which Steve allowed. Their tongues clashed and fought for dominance while Steve slid his hand down Bucky's pants and held his butt. Bucky let out a quiet moan and pulled Steve closer to him. Steve felt Bucky's hands reach for Steve shirt and carefully pull it off. Steve followed suit practically tearing Bucky's shirt off. Steve could feel Bucky's nails digging into his back. Steve slowly reached down and undid his belt buckle before reaching over and undoing the front of Bucky's jeans.

Suddenly there was a click, the front door opened and a familiar voice said, "Nat, I see now why you say we should always knock."