Chapter 7: Thor

Thor let out a roar as he ran at his brother, raising the stick high above his head. They were fighting again. This was not unusual. Two 15 year old boys, filled with testosterone, both with over - large egos. It was common for a fight to occur. Thor brought the stick down as Loki raised his to defend himself. The sticks clashed with a mighty crash and the two boys began a fierce battle.

"I am Thor, son of Odin and you shall not defy me!" Thor boomed over the sound of their sticks hitting together.

"I am Loki, son of Odin, Prince of Azgard." Loki mimicked Thor to aggrevate him and grinned as Thor's expression grew angrier.

"Yes, Prince!" Thor spat, "That's all you'll ever be, for I will be king, a mighty ruler and you shall have to bow in my presence."

"As if I'd ever bow to you, The Great Thor." Loki said sarcastically, "The better brother, bigger, stronger, faster, smarter."

"You forgot favourite of the family." Thor said, using his stick to push Loki away.

"See!" Loki yelled, "I am the second best, always walking in your shadow, the forgotten child, destined to lose! You wouldn't understand, you've had everything handed to you since you were a baby! Do you remeber when we were children, arguing over who would get the throne. I always demanded it would be me. Well here's the truth. I never wanted the throne. I only wanted to be seen as your equal!" Loki dropped his stick and allowed Thor's to hit him square in the chest. He dropped his hands to his sides and turned away, walking back towards the palace.

Thor watched as Loki walked away. He hadn't expected such an outburst. He'd only been teasing, had he taken it too far? He hadn't meant to hurt Loki. He would never hurt Loki.

"Brother!" He called out, "wait!" He began jogging to catch up with Loki so he could make things right but Loki broke into a run and he was far faster than Thor. Thor knew he would never catch up with Loki. He dropped to his knees and buried his face in his hands. This was all his fault. He'd been a fool and taken it too far. He had to make things right but how could he do that if Loki wouldn't talk to him?

Despite the fact they lived in a palace, Thor and Loki shared a bedroom. It was a decision they'd made as children. The two brothers were very close, almost inseparable, so when they fought, things could get difficult. Thor walked into the bedroom and flopped down on his bed. Loki was sat on the floor in the far corner of the room, reading a book and didn't even acknowledge Thor when he entered. Thor picked up a ball and began throwing it against the wall so he could catch it again. After a few minutes Loki spoke, his voice was quiet, almost inaudible and Thor stopped throwing the ball to gear him. "Thor, I'm so-"

"Stop." Thor said, raising a hand to silence his brother, "I'm the one who should apologise, I took it too far and I hurt you. I never meant to Loki, really. I would never hurt you deliberately and I'm sorry."

Loki stood up and walked over to Thor. He was a considerable amount shorter than his brother and had to look up to talk to him properly.

"I'm sorry too." He whispered, "and I want you to know I didn't mean any of it. I was just angry and... and I didn't know what to do so I said the first thing that came into my head. Please forgive me Thor."

Thor looked down at his brother who was looking back at him, his eyes were red and slightly swollen, like he'd been crying. Thor raised his hand sharply and Loki flinched away. Thor frowned and reached foward, ruffling Loki's hair before pulling him into a hug. He buried his face in Loki's hair, ashamed of the way he'd treated him that caused Loki to flinch when he raised his hand. Thor sat down on his bed and Loki sat next to him, leaning on his chest and breathing deeply.

"I will never, ever, hurt you again." Thor promised as Loki's breaths slowed, settling at an even pace as Loki fell asleep, still leant against his brothers chest.