xii.

I really have to apologise for not updating at all. I just survived Midterms! YEEEEY but I have a short film and thesis coming in my way and even though its holy week I'm still busy. I hope you understand that a college student's life isn't easy at all (especially if you're a Communication student) HAHAHA and I was busy with my application to Korea so there's that. Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO PATIENTLY WAITED FOR THIS UPDATE. I hope I can update at least 3 times this week. I will definitely find time so in the moment, ito po muna. hihi

Xoxo Ames ;) 

______________________________________________________________________________________

xii.

NUVALI, 2031

Maine entered the twins' bedroom and she found them in their bed under their pink blanket. She slowly approached their bed and sat in the corner.

"Mga anak, what's wrong?" She asked them. She knows that they wouldn't act like that without an acceptable reason.

Silence surrounded them and Maine knows exactly what to do.

"Okay, if the both of you refuse to tell me what's wrong then you should at least welcome your Dad's guest downstairs." She said.

"No! Not in a million years!" Channy shouted.

"Yeah, me too!" Rio seconded, they both revealed themselves to their mother.

"I had a hint you don't like the lady at all. Now, tell me the reason. You were quite rude to her earlier, I know the look you had when she arrived." Maine said.

"Mom, haven't you heard the news?" Channy asked.

"How could she? After she arrived, the news is all about her. The public forgot about Dad's issue and they just focused on Mom." Rio tried to explain to her twin.

"News? about your Dad?"

"Yes, Mom. It's about him and that Erica. They were seen at some club after the TV awards. There are even pictures of them kissing! Mom! They were kissing!" Channy shouted.

So he has someone special in his life—wait, stop it Maine! You should focus on your daughters. You could at least help Alden in this moment, help your daughters understand that their Dad has someone special. But if that girl is special then why was Alden ready to murder someone earlier?

She thought.

"Okay, I get it but it's normal for couples to kiss, right?" Maine asked.

"Mom that's the point, they weren't even dating." Rio said. Maine wanted chuckle with her daughters' faces right now, they look exactly the same.

"Maybe your Dad is still trying to meet other people and one of them is Erica, don't you want your Dad to be happy?" Maine asked.

"But Mom, we don't want another mother." Channy said.

"And I think Dad is already happy with us." Rio continued.

"I'm still going to be your mom but you know what I meant about your Dad's happiness, diba?"

"I'm already happy, Maine." Alden said behind her back. All of them turned their attention to Alden who was at the door. He approached them and sat in the other corner of the bed.