viii.

As promised, double update! Thank you so much for droppin by. And I really love to know your thoughts about the story. Here's chapter 8! 

Xoxo, Poutylipschinita

______________________________________________________________________________________

viii.

Bolton Landing, NY 2031

"C'mon, Channy, pick it up, pick it up." Rio continued to chant through the phone.

"Hello?"

"Finally! I've been trying to reach you many times, where were you?" Rio said, feeling agitated.

"I just had breakfast with Lolo and Daddy, I cooked for them." Channy said.

"You what?! Channy you know I don't cook! I'm a disaster in the kitchen!" She exclaimed inside her bathroom.

"I'm sorry, I just realised that a moment ago. Don't worry, it was just a simple breakfast." Channy said in the other line.

"It's okay, Mom doesn't even notice that I'm not good in the kitchen, I just helped her with the ingredients in making laksa." Rio shared.

"Mom made laksa?" Channy asked.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"I threw up the last time I ate laksa." Channy said.

"uh-oh."

"Don't worry, maybe Mom forgot already, it was a long time ago." Channy reassured her twin.

"Sis, I have to ask you something.." Rio started.

"Me too, there was this woman yesterday and I don't like her presence." Channy said.

"Who?"

"Who is Tita Valeen?" Channy irritatingly asked.

"Oh my gosh! You met Tita Valeen?!" Rio half shouted, half whispered.

"Yes, I did and I don't like her. Who is she, anyway?"

"Tita Valeen is one of our godmothers like Tita-Ninang Coleen. She's the wife of Tito Jerald, one of Daddy's best friend!" Rio explained.

"So she's not Daddy's girlfriend?" Channy quietly asked.